The Best Cup of Coffee

Started by Wilma, October 07, 2008, 06:19:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixdogsmom

Quote from: ELK@KC on October 09, 2008, 09:38:22 AM
This is the kind of thing that keeps many of us from saying who we are. Why should we want to put up with someone like this just because she doesn't like some little post. This is totally uncalled for and the thing that keeps a lot of people off the forum.
[/quote]

This works both ways, you know.  :D :D
Edie

flo

OMG, Tobina, there is a big difference between Folgers and Starbucks.  At least the Starbuck Coffee Beans I bought.  When I put them in the grinder (think it must be the same kind Teresa has) the aroma is just music to the nostrils.  And after it's made into coffee, the aroma of freshly brewed is great and the taste is greater.  Because of the costs, tho, I use them just when I NEED a special cup of "pick me up or spoil me" coffee, otherwise Folgers it is.  ;D I, personally, have never had a cup in a regular Starbucks coffee shop.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Wilma

I have never had a cup of Starbuck's.  Period.  I'm not particular about my coffee.  How good it is, is based on the situation.  The worst cup of coffee could be the best if shared with a good friend.  Actually, I used to use Folger's exclusively, but one day I compared the price of it with another brand and took the other brand home.  It proved to be just as good and not quite so acid, which was good for my tummy.

Tobina+1

OK, Flo; I accept your invitation to test your fresh-ground Starbucks against Folgers.  What time?  Do I need to bring my own cream and sugar?   ;)  ;D  ;D

greatguns

I told you my best cup of coffee in an earlier post.  N ow I must tell you my favorite cup of coffee is over conversation with a friend or friends.  Being odd man out I prefer Maxwell House over Folgers.  I do agree politics should stay in politics.  Don't let 'em get you down SDM.

sixdogsmom

Thanks GG, I hereby invite you for a good cup of Folgers coffee!  :D :D That is just our preference from the grocery, but it will probably be what we can afford to drink if the cost still keeps going up. Once in a great while, I buy from Starbucks at KU Med center, but they have another coffee bar called Jazzmans in the cardiac portion of the hospital with New Orleans style coffee; I like everything about it except the price. But, (and this is a secret), if you get to know the nurses real well, they will fix you a cup of their gourmet coffee. Just one of their perks.  :D :D
Edie

Tobina+1

Oh, I remember another great cup(s) of coffee I had once when I was in the Turner Enterprises offices in Atlanta, GA.  It was made by one of those "pod" machines.  Where you choose a flavor/type of coffee you want and put the "pod" in the machine, and then it pressed (?) the coffee out and fit perfectly into a cup.  I drank a LOT of coffee that day! 

greatguns

I just bought  4 cans of Maxwell House (2 lb. 2.5 oz.) at $5.99 a can.  If folgers is the cheapest at the time that is what I buy.  I use to buy a lot of Butternut, but can't find it anymore.  Can you tell I just like coffee? ;)

flo

SDM, maybe you can answer this for me.  When Lewis was in KU Med. (K.C.) I had all my meals in the cafeteria, and would take a few minutes to just people watch.  There was a coffee bar in there that so many people, mostly I would guess 20's and 30's, that used it.  There were all kinds of carafes' of what looked like coffee when they poured it in their cups, and then bottles of "flavors".  What kind of coffee were they drinking? It wasn't Cappaccinno because there was one of those machines also.  I do like Cappaccino, however, but was too embarressed to ask what the other was  :-[ .  Didn't want to appear like I just fell off a turnip truck coming thru town. ;D
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Tobina+1

Wilma; this has been a FUN thread!  Thanks for having such a good idea!  We need more of these light-hearted threads (at least until the election is over and people chill out a bit).   :P

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk