The Best Cup of Coffee

Started by Wilma, October 07, 2008, 06:19:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frawin

Quote from: sixdogsmom on October 09, 2008, 09:02:22 AM
Frank, I did not know that this was a political thread. For damn sure I will never be wealthy in a republican administration. The American people are being sucked dry, and all people like you can do is put everyone down that might, just might make it a little better. I would be willing to bet that you have never washed and line dried your bedsheets, but have spent your life in the pursuit of the almighty dollar. Enough, and I am sorry that this lovely thread got contaminated by this garbage.  >:( >:(
SDM, I don't think I deserved that, I was just trying to make a little humor as you have done at times. I don't know where you got your information that you think I am rich materlistically as I am not I am rich in family and friends, which I value the most. You know nothing about me and yet you keep slamming me with trash comments. I have spent my life working hard for my family and I am very proud of it, I can assure you that whatever we have we have earned it. I will not try to make any humor with or at you anymore.

sixdogsmom

Edie

ELK@KC

Quote from: sixdogsmom on October 09, 2008, 09:02:22 AM
Frank, I did not know that this was a political thread. For damn sure I will never be wealthy in a republican administration. The American people are being sucked dry, and all people like you can do is put everyone down that might, just might make it a little better. I would be willing to bet that you have never washed and line dried your bedsheets, but have spent your life in the pursuit of the almighty dollar. Enough, and I am sorry that this lovely thread got contaminated by this garbage.  >:( >:(
This is the kind of thing that keeps many of us from saying who we are. Why should we want to put up with someone like this just because she doesn't like some little post. This is totally uncalled for and the thing that keeps a lot of people off the forum.

Teresa

I freshly grind Hazelnut coffee beans each morning for Kjell's coffee. He drinks it strong and lots of it. About 3 pots a day :P

But I bought one of those small Black and Decker coffee grinders and you can grind just what you need each morning and even though I don't like the taste of it.. that smell when I am grinding is wonderful.
I wish I liked it................ :'(
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

gmaof3

Coming from the family I came from where there was ALWAYS a pot of coffee on 24/7, I never acquired a taste for it.  I get my morning caffeine jolt from Coca-Cola.  I am like David I guess in that I could be called a coke fanatic.  If a place only service Pepsi and not coke, I will drink water, and I am either going to have to get a bigger kitchen or quit collecting coca-cola stuff as I am about out of room!!!!

frawin

When we lived in West Texas, there was a Mexican restaurant that had coffee beans at the register instead of mints.  Everyone always seemed to enjoy them.  I sometimes get a few here at home instead of a mint.  I love the flavored coffees.  We got some at the Red Buffalo in Sedan awhile back.  HEB grocery stores in Texas have a wonderful variety of flavored beans, both regular and decaf, I usually kept some one hand.  They are nice for a change.
Myrna

Tobina+1

My mom and grandma swear that the best coffee is from a Lifetime coffee pot.  They heat the water, but don't boil it, and they claim it's less caffeine.  Not sure why you'd drink coffee if you didn't want caffeine?!?!  Just kidding; sometimes I'll have decaf in the afternoon when it's cold.  But I still think that decaf has enough caf in it to keep me up at night!

My "treat" when I'm traveling is Starbucks Skinny Vanilla Latte, if there's one in the area when I'm traveling.  I've had the ground coffee that you can make at home, and I really don't see much difference than Folgers, so why pay the extra money.  Unless you want the "fancy" flavors.

I normally just like coffee from a coffee pot, but I had some flavored instant coffee packets that were sent in the mail as a sample, and they were GOOD.  I think it was Maxwell House; they make the skinny packets for just 1 cup of coffee.  Still have to use cream and sugar, though.

Myrna; have you ever tried the chocolate covered coffee beans?

pam

Quotethat smell when I am grinding is wonderful.

Boy it does doesn't it. I always stick my nose down in the can when I first open it just cause it smells so good. My sons mother-in-law sells perfumes and she keeps a bowl of coffee beans on the tables because you can smell the coffee and it keeps all the perfumes from startin to smell alike ( personally, think she oughta bottle the coffee smell lol,I'D buy that one!)
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

Catwoman

Down in the South, around Beaumont,TX, they have a brand called Community Coffee.  It is almost as strong as Arabic coffee, although not nearly as thick in consistency.  A lot of people that I know are hooked on the stuff...probably has a higher caffeine content.  That stuff, you can smell from a block away...potent!

Catwoman

Quote from: dnalexander on October 08, 2008, 08:38:46 PM
Catwoman I am  the biggest type of fan of Coca-Cola to the point of obsession almost. Wrote a college paper on it, known for drinking it by family and friends, large round Coke phone that lights up when it rings right next to me, and more Coke memorabilia. Middle age has cut down the amount I drink, but that rare Coke is better than any cup of coffee I have now.

David
Well, from one addict to another...I truly admire your consistently good taste!!! ;D ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk