FR 4-2340

Started by Wilma, October 22, 2008, 10:59:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

Does anyone recognize this number?

pam

It's a Howard phone number isn't it?
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

Dee Gee

It looks like the hardware store telephone number
Learn from the mistakes of others You can't live long enough to make them all yourself

frawin

Dale gets the door prize, it is the Hardware Store.

Wilma

OK, you are all right, but you would never guess where I found it.  I was looking through a box of stuff that came from my mother's house and found a wall switch plate.  On one side of it is a small thermometer and at the bottom it says, Cookson Electric, Phone FR 4-2340, Howard, Kansas.  Do any of you remember these?

Teresa

yep...... FR ( Franklin 4-2340) 
I have a spatula that has Cookson Electric on it.. and several other items..
( Just some of the many things that our kids will have to go through some day..  ;D)
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

jensarlou

Growing up in New Orleans I remember my mom refering to WH as Whitehall.  I had a lot of relatives that lived in the 9th ward and their #'s started with wh3.  I still remember my Aunt's # as wh3-9985.

Rudy Taylor

When I look through old issues of our newspapers, I'm amused at the one-digit numbers. The drugstore was 2. The newspaper office was 7.

I think it's ironic that we've supposedly gained in sophistication but our main streets have dried up to almost nothing. I don't think we'd any difficulty at dealing with one or two digit phone numbers today, do you?

Fact is, in my hometown, there are fewer than 10 businesses remaining on Main Street, so there would be plenty of digits to go around.

It truly is "a wonderful life."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk