The Big Question

Started by Jo McDonald, October 06, 2008, 03:18:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

Quote from: pam on October 07, 2008, 08:25:48 AM
I've been ridin the fence this whole campaign but if even HALF the things about Obama are true...............and it depends where ya look what's true and what ain't........but what if he gets elected and it IS true? What if he doesn't get elected and it's NOT true?

Time to get off the fence, Pam.  Believe me, the negative "things" they say ARE true about Obuma.   You've heard that old adage: Where there's smoke, there's fire..... well Obuma is a raging FOREST FIRE!
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Teresa

Quote from: pam on October 07, 2008, 08:14:59 AM
Quote from: DanCookson on October 07, 2008, 07:47:22 AM
Breath Granny, Breath.....relax and listen to some thunderstorm music....As blood pressure recedes, realize that you can lead a horse to the trough, but you cannot force it to drink.  Some people are fine with having their leg pissed on and being told it is raining, while others are not.

It isn't worth ruining your morning coffee....There is a wonderful, happy post in the coffee shop about the Moline library.  It will sooth you until you want more aggravation, then you can come back to politics!!

Tell Grandpa hi

Ohhh Danny.. you make me laugh... you are so funny.........
Thanks.. I needed that.  ;D ;D
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Jo McDonald

I needed it too, Dan, I have laughed all day about that ---- you came to me just in time to prevent a complete melt down.  lol lol lol

Granny~~ ~~~~ Saved by the firstborn Grandson.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

pam

Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

Teresa

This pretty much puts things in their proper perspective!

Barack Obama has put out an ad that simple minded John McCain cannot use a computer.

Well guess what;  Barack Hussein Obama cannot land a jet plane on an aircraft carrier at night. (In the rain)

"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
Dwight Eisenhower

Teresa

In today's Thomas Sowell article he promotes the book,

"The Case Against Barack Obama"  by David Freddoso

Here's the closing paragraph of Dr Sowell's article.

"Senator Obama is running on an image that is directly the opposite of what he has been doing for two decades. His escapes from his past have been as remarkable as the great escapes of Houdini.  Why much of the public and the media have been so mesmerized by the words and the image of Obama, and so little interested in learning about the factual reality, was perhaps best explained by an official of the Democratic Party: "People don't come to Obama for what he's done, they come because of what they hope he can be." David Freddoso's book should be read by those people who want to know what the facts are. But neither this book nor anything else is likely to change the minds of Obama's true believers, who have made up their minds and don't want to be confused by the facts. "

LINKS:
Sowell:  http://www.jewishworldreview.com/cols/sowell100708.php3
Book:    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=1596985666/jewishworldrevie

sixdogsmom

Quote from: Teresa on October 07, 2008, 01:46:10 PM
This pretty much puts things in their proper perspective!

Barack Obama has put out an ad that simple minded John McCain cannot use a computer.

Well guess what;  Barack Hussein Obama cannot land a jet plane on an aircraft carrier at night. (In the rain)

McCain's flying ability was questioned
LOS ANGELES (UPI) -- As a U.S. Navy pilot, Republican presidential nominee John McCain was prone to accidents, a newspaper reported Monday.

The Los Angeles Times reported that in 1960, when McCain was training in his AD-6 Skyraider in Texas, he slammed into Corpus Christi Bay and took the skin off his plane's wings.

In his autobiography, McCain said the crash had occurred because "the engine quit."

However, the Times reported that an investigation board at the Naval Aviation Safety Center found no evidence of engine failure; rather they found that McCain was not paying attention and erred in using "a power setting too low to maintain level flight in a turn."

The newspaper reported that when McCain was flying around in a Skyraider over southern Spain about December 1961 he flew into electrical wires, causing a blackout. In another incident McCain crashed a T-2 trainer jet in Virginia in 1965.

By today's military standards, McCain would have likely been grounded, an expert said.

"Three mishaps are unusual," said Michael Barr, a former Air Force pilot with 137 combat missions in Vietnam and an internationally known aviation safety expert who teaches in USC's Aviation Safety and Security Program. "After the third accident, you would say: Is there a trend here in terms of his flying skills and his judgment?"

Copyright 2008 by United Press International

This news arrived on: 10/06/2008

Share this Story

Edie

pam

Lol, I've seen this one a few places SDM. More than likely it's true.
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

Teresa

Could be......and I had actually read this too before I even posted the other...  but you gotta give the guy credit cause he kept trying...    ;D LOL

greatguns

How many years do you think it will take my 401K and everything else bad to recupe from having Bill Clinton for a President?  If all the good is because we had a republican President, but doesn't happen until a Democrat get in office, then I say get a Democrat in there so Bush's MIGHTY GOOD can get started.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk