Are the Robins Gone??????

Started by Wilma, October 06, 2008, 01:43:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

I spent most of several days outdoors last week and I don't remember seeing any robins.  I saw blue jays, crows, turtle doves, ringnecked doves and all the little flocking birds, but no robins.  Are they gone for the winter?

Catwoman

They disappeared early this year.  I am worried about this coming winter...I've not noticed them being gone as early before as they are this year...Normally, I'm seeing robins all the way up to the beginning of October...they've been gone for about 3 to 4 weeks already.

frawin

Catwoman, they are leaving ahead of the election.

Wilma

Avoiding the hot winds, are they?

frawin

Quote from: Wilma on October 06, 2008, 04:30:57 PM
Avoiding the hot winds, are they?
Wilma, you are wise beyond your years, and have a good sense of humor as well.

Judy Harder

I haven't seen robins here for a while.....but, it was just a day or two ago that I saw some hummingbirds.

I know the robins won't go to far........just deeper into the south. They are usually back before winter is over.

I am enjoying all the changes in foliage and the different flowers that are all in  full bloom.

I still see things green and lush in my daily walks.......they are changing, but still full of growth.

Yes, I know it won't last......and just last week I saw  MY first black woolie caterpillar and know we are closer to freeze than
we would like.

Just get out and enjoy it while you can.......even sitting in a window you see so much.
God bless
Judy
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

dnalexander

Wilma you got me thinking, I have not seen Robins around here(San Francisco Bay Area) lately either. So I thought I would use my trusty Google skills and see if I could find out why. Not sure if this will help you answer your question but I found a really interesting site on Robins where they track their yearly migration. Tons of info and it has an ask the expert section too.

http://www.learner.org/jnorth/robin/index.html

David

Diane Amberg

Our robins are still here. The hummer family left yesterday, but we'll still have a few that will migrate through. The wrens have gone also and I haven't seen the cat birds for a few days either.

Wilma

Come to think of it, I haven't seen or heard a wren either or a cat bird or a titmouse.  I think the titmouse stays all winter.  I haven't seen any cardinals for awhile but I know they will be here.

frawin

We noticed the swallows flocked early this year and have been gone for some time.
Myrna

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk