Old time skills....

Started by pam, October 02, 2008, 12:07:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frawin

Yes, I remember Pete Frost, his daughter's name was Jessie.  She is a little younger than I. 
Myrna

pam

Yeah Frank, I didn't know if anybody remembered him or not. My grandad and him were friends. he was an old cowboy just like grandad.

Thanks for the link Tobina!
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

pam

QuoteI thought there is a guy somewhere around here who does horsehair braiding?

I don't know, think there used to be a guy up around Cassoday but don't remember for sure.

Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

pam

Talkin about this in the coffee thread....a skill worth havin is makin campfire coffee, there ain't nothin better lol
William Butler Yeats

Catwoman

Oh yes, there is...roasting marshmallows over the fire, too! :laugh:

srkruzich

Yall ever built a post and beam building using mortise and tenon joints and other types of joints and only wooden pegs to hold it all together?  :) Built a couple sheds and barns that way.

Make your own milkpaint, all kinds of preservation of things.
:)
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

pam

Quote from: srkruzich on October 16, 2008, 03:45:25 PM
Yall ever built a post and beam building using mortise and tenon joints and other types of joints and only wooden pegs to hold it all together?  :) Built a couple sheds and barns that way.

Nope, Srk, I've watched it bein done but never done it myself. Milkpaint was makin a comeback a few years ago but haven't heard much about it lately. Bet you got lots of stuff stored up there in your head you could teach people  :)
William Butler Yeats

srkruzich

Quote from: pam on October 16, 2008, 04:43:45 PM
Quote from: srkruzich on October 16, 2008, 03:45:25 PM

Nope, Srk, I've watched it bein done but never done it myself. Milkpaint was makin a comeback a few years ago but haven't heard much about it lately. Bet you got lots of stuff stored up there in your head you could teach people  :)
Oh a few things but i also have dvd full of books from the 1800's that show how it was done back then. 
Heck i can even make my own fireworks with the recipes that are in there. :)

pam

Cool, I bet you read countryside/small stock journal huh? I have checked out some of the books they list...lot of stuff you can use!
William Butler Yeats

srkruzich

Quote from: pam on October 16, 2008, 09:23:44 PM
Cool, I bet you read countryside/small stock journal huh? I have checked out some of the books they list...lot of stuff you can use!
Hmm haven't read them.  I get a lot of my information from the mennonite librum in bluemont Virginia.  :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk