INCOGNITO

Started by flo, October 02, 2008, 10:39:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flo

I have something to say about forum members who do not use their own names.  Are you afraid to let others know your true feelings about things? Hide your true identity and stand around the corner or some other hiden place and hollar obsenities/crude remarks/opinions at someone but don't want them to know who said that? If you are afraid to state your opinions in public and take credit/flack for them, then I think that is a bit childish and just a bit rude. 
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Catwoman

Flo, I read Warph's post and understand why you've said what you have.  I agree...the post shouldn't have been put there.  I assure you...those of us who use a pen name have friends on this forum who know exactly who we are...which is enough.  I doubt that anyone is using a pen name to deliberately irritate anyone. 

Tobina+1

My opinion (for what it's worth)...  8)
Let people have whatever screen name they want.
BUT... do not throw personal attacks or insults around to others if no one knows who you are.  If you're going to insult someone or be rude, have the decency to do it under your own, real name.   >:(
Better yet... no need for personal insults at all on this forum.   :angel:

If you have 2 opinions, then by all means, have 2 screen names.  Even funnier... argue with yourself.  But do not use one anonymous screen name to publicly flog someone.

pam

QuoteIf you have 2 opinions, then by all means, have 2 screen names.  Even funnier... argue with yourself.

Good one lol
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

S-S

I know this wasn't directed at me, but......I closed my other account and made a new one because the other half wanted to post as well. So here we are...Devyn, Billy, and Lane.  :)

I think it's very shady of these people with 2 screen names to go about this way. Grow up. Don't hide behind your new name. In my opinion, it shows what kind of person you truly are out there in the real world.

Catwoman

Quote from: Tobina on October 02, 2008, 12:04:39 PM
My opinion (for what it's worth)...  8)
Let people have whatever screen name they want.
BUT... do not throw personal attacks or insults around to others if no one knows who you are.  If you're going to insult someone or be rude, have the decency to do it under your own, real name.   >:(
Better yet... no need for personal insults at all on this forum.   :angel:

If you have 2 opinions, then by all means, have 2 screen names.  Even funnier... argue with yourself.  But do not use one anonymous screen name to publicly flog someone.
I agree with you, Tobina.  There is absolutely no need for personal attacks on this forum.  If you can't find anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all!

dnalexander

Flo, CDBL, Tobina, and Catwoman, Pam if those are indeed your real names :laugh:, I agree with much of what you say. As far as the screen name goes I don't think it matters if it is a pen name or a given name. If you have a reply to someone incognito just reply to whatever name they have chosen. Otherwise I agree with you all.

David

flo

;D that is my real name and that is my real picture, altho it is 4 yrs. old and I no longer wear glasses.  I am not afraid to identify myself AND what I say on here I will say out loud.  I don't ask that everyone agree with me, but at least you know who said it and that way if you see me on the street and want to discuss it further, I'm more than willing.  That is the point I was trying to make.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Tobina+1

That's my picture and this is my name (hey, you think I can make something like that up?).   :D
...Of course when I change my picture later on and it's my dog, that will be a funny statement to re-read.
Flo; we all agree with you... we just have to put our own spin on it... forum style!

Oh, BTW, you think there's some mud-slinging going on in the Coffee Shop... stay away from Politics!  The stuff they're slinging is a little more smelly.  Can't wait for the election to be over.  Nothing that's said on this forum is going to change my vote, anyway.

pam

QuoteFlo, CDBL, Tobina, and Catwoman, Pam if those are indeed your real names

Lol, david.. yeah that's my name but it ain't really me in my picture unless it's a full moon of course ::) :laugh:
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk