Local pictures

Started by Teresa, November 26, 2008, 06:41:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarah

My kids will be so happy to hear that.  LOL  They've been scared to death to go outside in the dark ever since they saw the pictures.   ;D

Teresa

Well poop. I will definitely send this whole link to Bob Nungesser with a coupon for 40 lashes with a wet noodle for leading me astray.   :police:  I even double checked with him... and he vouched for the man who gave him the picture. ( Maybe the man who had the picture obviously didn't know who sent it to him..  :P
Oh well... such is life. ::)

Even if that one picture isn't from around here..
I still  HAVE seen them around Elk County.  So they are here.  :)
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Tobina+1

Well, I've heard that a mountain lion's "territory" is a 200 mile radius (which means 400 mile across the circle), so that's a lot of ground where they could be seen at any time!

frawin

Tonight's Bartlesville Examiner has a story and a picture of a Cougar taken by a Motion Activated Camera in the NE Oklahoma area. It has picture of a big buck the hunters got and one taken of the Cougar on the trail in and around their deer feeder.. There is no doubt that cougars are in the area. There were numerous sightings of Cougars on the River Road from Howard to Elk Falls back in the late 50s and 60s. Howard armstrong lived on the River Road and I heard him tell of watching a Cougar sneaking up to his Corral where he had a Mare and Colt. Also Worky and Irene Workman lived on that road and we played Canasta alot with them and Workie told of seeing a Cougar several times in the area where they lived. Marion Barber lived on the same Road close to Howard Armstrong and close to Workie and I have heard him tell of seeing a Cougar many times.

Tobina+1

Well, I know people know they're around here in plenty, but I just chased off a bobcat from my yard today; in broad open and daylight!  I think he was after a cat-breakfast.

And by "chased off", I don't mean running and yelling.  He's lucky I was nervous and cold... twice.  Grrr. 

Clubine Ranch

Also Workie and Irene Workman lived on that road and we played Canasta alot with them and Workie told of seeing a Cougar several times in the area where they lived.
[/quote]
Oh the memories you brought back, we also played Canasta with Worky and Irene when our boys were very little. We lived on the Copperhead Gulch Ranch and traveled to the Workmans at least once a week for the card games. The view from their home was terrific to watch the wild life. Barbara

frawin

Barbara, Marion and Charlene and Myrna and I used to play Canasta all night with Worky and Irene, what fun, never a dull moment.
Frank

Jo McDonald

Francis (Worky) Workman was my first cousin....He looked enough like my Daddy to have been his son.   Worky's first wife - the Mother of Arlene and Judy was a Moline girl -- Vida .  After she passed away - several years, he met and fell in love with Irene -- She was a wonderful lady.  I really don't know ifr she is still living or nt - I must call Eulilia Bird and ask her -- after Irene moved to Colorado we kept in touch - but in the past few years I have not heard from her.  Any YES  the card games were ALWAYS lots of fun at their beautiful home in the side of the hill. 
  Jo
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk