Winter Coming...

Started by Ideas, September 29, 2008, 12:06:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greatguns

Jo thank you for your very intelligent statement.  I shall never forget what a propane explosion in Latham done.

Diane Amberg

Angie, not a silly question at all.  The main danger for cats tends to be that they may knock over candles and such. If something is dangerous for a baby, it's not safe for a cat either. Be sure you you don't leave candles and cooking unattended. When you start using your heater on a regular basis, see how your cat reacts to it. If she wants to curl up near it, don't be surprised, as cats love warm places. Hopefully she'll know if she's too warm and move away rather than burn herself.

Lookatmeknow!!

Thanks Diane!! ;)  I noticed with the weather getting cooler she is much happier cuddling up on my lap.  I sat up with her last night and took a little "Cat" nap with her!!! :laugh:
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

Diane Amberg

Angie, how do you like your ventless heater? We have a friend who had one and had problems with too much humidity in the house when they were using it. I had never heard of that before.

Jo McDonald

I just thought of something else ---  If you have an outside flue - vent or whatever, check to  make sure that the mud dobber - wasps - bees - or other flying insects have not built a winter nest in there.  That can cause ALL KINDS of problems.  If you see any of the flying insect go up under the siding  - or disappear  from you sight - you better check to see if they have already established a winter home, where you do not want them.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Lookatmeknow!!

We really like them.  The only problem we have is that the girls run around them and seem to stir up the dust and it makes the lighter thing hard to stay on.  Or the wind that they create from running seems to blow them out.  But my husband blows them out a couple of times in the winter and they do go.
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk