Which candidate is right?

Started by Wilma, September 25, 2008, 10:18:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

I think "They" have been slurpping too much of grandma's cooking sherry.
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

pam

Quote from: Wilma on October 02, 2008, 08:59:23 AM
I am saying that it is too early to call it.  There's many a slip twixt cup and lip.  AND.........why do the pollsters think that we need have a day to day update?  Are they trying to influence us and isn't that against the law?  It was much easier when all we heard was what we read in the paper or on a fifteen minute news broadcast twice a day. 

I agree with you Wilma on that.
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

Wilma

sixdogsmom

I have said it before and I will say it again. Any time you have a poll of any kind, it is only as good as the sample taken and the group it was taken from. In other words, you can prove anything with numbers just by manipulating the samples. We had a retired Chief Warrant Officer USMC as our statistics instructor and he started his course with the statement ' Ladies and gentlemen, statistics is a process by which any damn fool can prove any damn thing with numbers'. He was about one of the most 'real world' people I have ever known. And no, I do not think it is against the law to give incorrect or manipulated polls, just as it is not against the law to spread rumors or call people names on the internet.

There is something to be said about having information 24/7, in that there are no longer the big newspaper 'machines' that could either make or break a candidate or legislation. There is now always somebody somewhere to dispute just about everything. It probably makes it more difficult to get things done, but may in the end behave as a filter for the truth. IMO
Edie

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk