Genuine Driving License in IRAQ

Started by Teresa, September 19, 2008, 11:55:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teresa

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Catwoman

Huh...I didn't think women were allowed to drive independently...I thought that they had to be driven by a male who was of their family or their husband...maybe I'm getting Iraq confused with another Arabic country.

W. Gray

I think Saudi Arabia is the only Arab or Islamic country that will not let women drive.

Neither will they send women to the Olympics--probably because they do not allow women to participate in sports?

"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Diane Amberg

Iraq is very complicated. The Sunni usually control their women very tightly. Some Shi'i are less strict. There are many other religions there too, including some Iraqi Christians and Jews. There are also large numbers of Mandeans and Yazidis as well as the Kurds. They all have different rules. Women are trying to reclaim their place as it was before Saddam. There was a time when Iraqi women were much more free than they are now. It's a very dangerous business. That is a very interesting document. It looks like she has an endorsement for a tractor and moped also.

dnalexander

The license is old if you look at the dates. First Gulf War Saddam era. From the time in the 70's when my dad worked in the Middle East I have seen things go from strict in country\ anything goes in the West\hate USA. To 90's moderate in country\live in the Us\love the Us. Now strict in\ out of country and less diplomacy in the 2000's. I have a few friends in Saudi Arabia, Dubai, and Jordan. Politcally we are on different pages, but as friends\acquaintences I have no doubt we would help the other.

David

W. Gray

Do you suppose that when this woman goes into a store and writes a check for something, the proprietor asks for an ID photo and she hands him the drivers license as proof of who she is?
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Diane Amberg

;D ;D ;D    Perhaps women have to pay cash.

W. Gray

Wouldn't surprise me a bit--or maybe they have to have a husband or a man along before they can buy anything.

dnalexander

The Middle East,  as a whole,  is definitely more entrenched in an orthodox philosophy that does not bode well for good relationships with the Western governments. The Middle east is our new cold war. Also, the growth of China\India economically, and the old Russia politically is the new old cold war. We have our hands full.

David

Diane Amberg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk