CLINTON CANCELS APPEARANCE OVER PALIN

Started by frawin, September 17, 2008, 12:49:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frawin

Clinton cancels appearance over Palin
Posted: 12:29 PM ET

From CNN Associate Political Editor Rebecca Sinderbrand

Clinton is canceling an appearance at an event Palin is also slated to attend.
(CNN) — Reporters who got notice yesterday of an event headlined by both Sarah Palin and Hillary Clinton figured the prospect of an SNL skit come to life was too good to be true, a gift from the campaign gods.

But for a few hours, it was. "We are pleased to inform you that the keynote speakers at the "Stop Iran. Now!" Rally are confirmed to be Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton, Governor Sarah Palin and Nobel Laureate Elie Wiesel," read an e-mail from a leader of a Jewish group planning the event.

But the curtain came down on the comedy sketch-turned-reality before the duo ever hit the stage: Clinton officials soon said they had not been told Palin would be on hand — and that her presence, which made the event a political one, would mean the absence of the New York senator.

"Her attendance was news to us, and this was never billed to us as a partisan political event," said Clinton spokesman Philippe Reines. "Senator Clinton will therefore not be attending."

The McCain-Palin campaign has not yet said whether Palin herself will still be attending the event, but released a statement criticizing Clinton's withdrawal. "Governor Palin believes that the danger of a nuclear Iran is greater than party or politics," said spokeswoman Tracey Schmitt. "She hopes that all parties can rally together in opposition to this grave threat."

Palin has praised Clinton since being named John McCain's running mate — although she has largely dropped those compliments from her stump speech after drawing a negative response from GOP audiences. Clinton herself has largely avoided mentioning or directly criticizing the Alaska governor during her appearances on behalf of Barack Obama's presidential bid.

Filed under: Hillary Clinton • Sarah Palin

Teresa

From a friend of a friend..........and I have to agree when I start to think about it.

I did hear this and I think that Hillary is trying to throw the vote to McCain.  If Hussein Obamba wins, she can't run in 2012.  if McCain wins, she can.  Also on the news, one of her big backers (a Rothschild ) is switching to McCain.

Go to www.drudgereport.com of www.lucianne.com for the full story on that.

I think that it all is a coordinated effort to get McCain in there.  One thing we know about the Clintons, every move they make is calculated and I think that's what is going on.  Her goal is the White House for herself and McCain in there in 2008 is the best way.  Not only that, that stupid Obama campaign didn't have the cahoona's to put her on the ticket.  A HUGE mistake. 

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Roma Jean Turner

My first response to the news was that it was just a catty woman thning.  I thought gee Hillary, it isn't like they are asking you guys to mud wrestle or do a wet T Shirt contest.  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:   Just get up there and talk about the nuclear threat. But you know there may have been another strategy to it. 

Catwoman

Actually, not having Hill as your second would be a self-preservation thing...if she were second in command, there would probably be an assassination so that she was guaranteed the Oval Office.  Yeah, I agree about there being method to Hill's madness.

Kjell H.

Cha-Ching!  I do believe the ladies are standing in the winners circle.  ;)
Marshal Halloway

Teresa

Well ...ahhhhhh ..Cha- Ching back at cha' ...

We are all sitting at attention waiting for you to tell us just what is in that winners bag? :laugh:

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Warph

Actually.... what we 4 Fido's are wanting to say is this: 
Listen up, people... we're a little ticked and we want to get some things straighten out:

1. Blaming your farts on us... not funny... not funny at all.

2. Yelling at us for barking... HEY...... WE'RE DOGS, YOU KNOW!!

3. How you naively believe that the stupid cat isn't all over everything while you're gone.
    Have you noticed that your toothbrush tastes a little like cat spit?!!

4. Taking us for a walk, then not letting us check stuff out.  Exactly whose walk is this anyway?

5. Any trick that involves balancing food on our nose... stop it.

6. Yelling at us for rubbing my bum on your carpet.  Why'd you buy carpet?

7. Getting upset when we sniff the crotches of your guests.  Sorry, but we haven't quite
    mastered that firm handshake thing yet.

8. How you act disgusted when we lick ourselves.  Look, we both know the truth, you're just jealous.

9. Dog sweaters.  Hellooo... have you noticed the fur?

10. Any haircut that involves bows or ribbons.  Now you know why we chew your stuff up when you're not home.

11. When you pick up the poop in the yard.  Do you realize how far behind schedule that puts us?

12. Taking me to the vet for "the big snip," then acting surprised when we freak out every time we go back.

13. The sleight of hand, fake-fetch-throw.  You fooled a dog!  What a proud moment for the top of the food chain.

14.  And that bag.  We all know what's in that bag.... Poop! 
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk