Obama for Infanticide

Started by kshillbillys, September 13, 2008, 11:59:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pam

Quote from: Mom70x7 on September 14, 2008, 06:09:48 PM
I usually stay away from politics, and I know I'll get lambasted for this . . . but here's the rest of the story:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/20/us/politics/20checkpoint.html

and

http://factcheck.barackobama.com/factcheck/2008/08/19/fact_check_born_alive_1.php

Basically, they say that the Illinois Medical Association ALSO thought the bill in question was flawed.

Both Republicans and Democrats voted against the bill.

A couple of years later a similar bill was passed with this language "(d) Nothing in this Section shall be construed to affect
existing federal or State law regarding abortion. (e) Nothing in this Section shall be construed to alter generally accepted medical standards."

I know how ya feel Mom, but I for one don't care where the truth comes from, I've found truth in very unlikely places in my life, so I've learned not to turn my nose up at it just because of where it comes from.
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

flo

what I am saying is: the moment that baby took a breath, it was an american citizen and THAT BABY HAD RIGHTS under the law. Controversy over abortions ceased the minute that baby took a breath outside the mother's womb.  To have the nurses and doctors let that baby die because the parents didn't want it, I'm sorry, the they are ALL guilty of murder.  This baby and others allowed to die in this same manner had the rights of every citizen born in these United States and nobody had the right to take it's life.  That nurse could have reported this to law enforcement and child protection services.  She might have lost her job, but she could have found another I'm sure.  Murder plain and simple.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

frawin

I am trying to understand how any person can or could let a baby die like this. I guess I am a pushover for babies and children, but I couldn't do that.
Frank

pam

QuoteThat nurse could have reported this to law enforcement and child protection services.  She might have lost her job, but she could have found another I'm sure.  Murder plain and simple.

That's what I don't get, people say well I had to stay quiet because I would've got fired, so what! you were lookin for a job when you found that one! There are things that hurt a person worse than bein broke, hungry,homeless or whatever, things that hurt your soul, this is one of them things.

Goes back to that sayin that's been quoted here on the forum before, "all it takes for evil to flourish is for good men (or women) to say nothing"
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

srkruzich

Oh yall, your going to find i totally agree with you.  It is evil to allow them to do it.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Warph

The Society for the Prevention of Infanticide States:

"Of approximately 6.4 million pregnancies in the United States in 1988, 3.6 million were unintended and therefore subject to dangerous consequences. 1.6 million of those unwanted pregnancies resulted in abortion. In Britain, more than 160,000 legal abortions, or terminations of pregnancy, were carried out each year during this same period of time. The Family Planning Association in Russia says that there are more than 3 million abortions performed each year, more than double the number of births. In France, there are almost one million abortions each year, equal to the number of births. This means that over five million pregnancies were aborted in the Western world alone each year, and if the births of those children would not have been prevented, it is very likely that many of those infants would have been victims of infanticidal rage."

"Statistically, the United States ranks high on the list of countries whose inhabitants kill their children. For infants under the age of one year, the American homicide rate is 11th in the world, while for ages one through four it is 1st and for ages five through fourteen it is fourth. From 1968 to 1975, infanticide of all ages accounted for almost 3.2% of all reported homicides in the United States."

Read the ' brief history of infanticide' at: http://www.infanticide.org/history.htm
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

srkruzich

Quote from: Warph on September 18, 2008, 02:49:17 AM
equal to the number of births. This means that over five million pregnancies were aborted in the Western world alone each year, and if the births of those children would not have been prevented, it is very likely that many of those infants would have been victims of infanticidal rage."

Welll i gotta say, while its awful that infantcide would happen to those that would have been born, but its a hell of a lot more tolerable than the wholesale slaughter of 6 million innocents!  Hitler would have been proud.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk