The Thread To.. "Nowhere??"

Started by frawin, September 05, 2008, 11:01:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Amberg

At yield signs, I yield....why? Around here with all our traffic, if one doesn't yield one might end up in my ambulance! :P

pam

QuoteDon't you want to change, grow, and feel what the rest of the world has to say. 

Yes yes I do! That is why I'm here and why I'm several other places as well. If ya don't step out of your comfort zone how are you supposed to learn anything?
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

Judy Harder

Quote from: pepelect on September 08, 2008, 10:44:19 PM
We are complaining about the forum while on the forum.

The forum needs to get over its self.  The title of this thread is bogus.  The forum must be fluid.  Nothing has "happened" when you have the inmates running the asylum.  Do you want the same old same old same old same old all the time? You have to have more than one opinion or it doesn't work.  It is boring when all the threads are in agreement. 

Think of this as electronic road rage.

If you keep complaining about the other side you might as well run for congress you will get as much done there. 

Let people post what they want and react to what they say.  Call them a name if you want.  It is a free country.  If they get mad and quit posting so be it.   Grow up.

I know that there are some pretty thin skins on here.     What do you do at yield signs?   

Stereotyping on a computer blog is kind of redundant.

Don't you want to change, grow, and feel what the rest of the world has to say. 

How can you do that if you censor the responses?  You get canned answers to rhetorical questions.

Isn't that the point?   
Just like ONE big happy???!!! Family..........we all have oppions  (I think that is wrong spelling Oh well) and we all love to share them..............ok, some more than others.....but if you aint happy we will miss you when you  leave.......but, we will get use to it...........we all love being here or we WOULD not be here.
There, I have spoken my thoughts......time to get busy.........been on here to long and my tail is growing to the chair.
Hugs..........Judy
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Teresa

Quote from: pepelect on September 08, 2008, 10:44:19 PM
We are complaining about the forum while on the forum.

The forum needs to get over its self.  The title of this thread is bogus.  The forum must be fluid.  Nothing has "happened" when you have the inmates running the asylum.  Do you want the same old same old same old same old all the time? You have to have more than one opinion or it doesn't work.  It is boring when all the threads are in agreement. 

Think of this as electronic road rage.

If you keep complaining about the other side you might as well run for congress you will get as much done there. 

Let people post what they want and react to what they say.  Call them a name if you want.  It is a free country.  If they get mad and quit posting so be it.   Grow up.

I know that there are some pretty thin skins on here.     What do you do at yield signs?  

Stereotyping on a computer blog is kind of redundant.

Don't you want to change, grow, and feel what the rest of the world has to say. 

How can you do that if you censor the responses?  You get canned answers to rhetorical questions.

Isn't that the point?   

Thank you very very much Patrick...
There has many times I've wondered if it all was worth it.
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Bonnie M.

Teresa, "for what it's worth,"  I really do enjoy the forum, for reading about what's happening in the area, and what's about to happen.  I am not one who enjoys "bickering," so, I don't involve myself in that.   I started reading the Forum, and joined up soon after, when the floods were hitting the area a year ago in June/July.  It was great, to have the up to minute reports of what was happening.  It's a great way to have instant communication, and I enjoy that, a lot.  We receive the paper a couple of weeks late, due to the distance it has to travel (approximately 1,628 miles!) so I appreciate reading about what is happening "now," with this instant communication ability.

So, keep up the good work.  I just wanted you to know that I do appreciate your efforts.

Bonnie

heather_tyler_2014

what do you mean "what has happend to this forum" i have been on this forum for 5 or 6 month's now and never have I doubted old elkie this one of the most usefull place's and im glad to be a member so no i havent a slightest idea of this place going anywhere but up :)  go Elk County Forum
Sword with a double edged blade...it'll cut you either way.

frawin

Heather, your spelling has improved a 1000 percent, keep up the good work.
Frank and Myrna Winn

Joanna

Quote from: Bonnie M. on September 09, 2008, 11:10:46 AM
....  It was great, to have the up to minute reports of what was happening.  It's a great way to have instant communication, and I enjoy that, a lot.  ... I appreciate reading about what is happening "now," with this instant communication ability.
So, keep up the good work.  I just wanted you to know that I do appreciate your efforts.

I agree Bonnie!  And I really appreciate it when folks post current happenings like what the sirens are for and what's going on in town.  I don't have a scanner nor do I get to the coffee shop and feel like I'm missing out on a lot.  When is Howard's coffee time?  Maybe I just need to make a point to be there...  I do love coffee! I could take a notebook and write down what's happening then email it off to Rudy...  8) I would not be any good at calling folks, so I didn't volunteer on his post; but I could keep up with the morning gossip.  Of course, everyone would have to introduce themselves to me since I only know a few people here very well... and I tend to get siblings/ cousins/ parents all mixed up even with the folks I do know...  ::)
Now, I'm just kidding folks...  I think...  :-X
   But seriously, thanks for posting what's happening NOW when you do so.

pepelect

Rudy, Bonnie just volunteered but she hasn't realized it yet.

Bonnie M.

Yes!  Bring your news to me, and I'll e-mail it to Rudy!

Or, I think Joanna might have a better chance of gathering up the news, at the Coffee shop!  That would be a very good way to become acquainted with a lot of people.

Bonnie

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk