The Thread To.. "Nowhere??"

Started by frawin, September 05, 2008, 11:01:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frawin

This thread is split off from the "what happened to the forum"...
Patrick's right ( did I say that?)  :P That was a bad title to a whole section on the yummy goodness of eating "Stickers"...

So continue to post about.......well...whatever in the hell this whole thread is about..
Which I don't know if anyone actually knows..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Re: Sarah Palin
« Reply #63 on: September 03, 2008, 05:27:59 PM »   
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Frank, in case you missed it  - NEITHER of the Clintons are running for ANY political office and NEITHER of their names will be on the ballot.  GET OVER IT - MOVE ON - quit stirring the turd cause it is really starting to stink.  AND time for me to get out of politics again

If anybody should be upset, it should be me, I really didn't pay that much attention to the above post. However the poster is apparently helping with the Legion Breakfast and I decided I had better not attend as I might get something bad in my breakfast.

Tobina+1

"Uncle Frank"!  I thought we had this discussion before (insert wagging finger here)... I thought we agreed that we'd both stay out of politics and our lives would be better off??  I know I've stuck to that, and I feel better!   ;) 
Come on out to the Coffee Shop and stay a while.  We've got enough debate on schools and old buildings and customer service to keep your blood at a luke-warm level, without boiling it over!   :angel:
And you can come to my house for breakfast if you're worried... I serve hot coffee and cold grapenuts (with strawberries)... around 9-ish!   :D

frawin

Thanks Tobina, that is really good advice, even my wife thinks I get to wrapped up in politics. I love my children and Grandchildren so much and I worry so much about their future it makes it difficult to do or say nothing when I see what is happening on the political front. Have a great day.

DanCookson

flo

Quote from: frawin on September 05, 2008, 11:01:22 AM
Re: Sarah Palin
« Reply #63 on: September 03, 2008, 05:27:59 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
However the poster is apparently helping with the Legion Breakfast and I decided I had better not attend as I might get something bad in my breakfast.

Aww, Frank, come on and have breakfast.  I promise not to stir your coffee with my finger,  :angel: cause I know you are diabetic and can't have that much sugar.  ;D
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Rudy Taylor

Grape nuts? You talkin' about Grape Nuts Flakes the breakfast cereal? Or is there something natural that I've been missing all these years?

Scoot over Frank. I'll be joining you for breakfast.
It truly is "a wonderful life."

frawin

Quote from: Tobina on September 05, 2008, 11:29:24 AM
"Uncle Frank"!  I thought we had this discussion before (insert wagging finger here)... I thought we agreed that we'd both stay out of politics and our lives would be better off??  I know I've stuck to that, and I feel better!   ;) 
Come on out to the Coffee Shop and stay a while.  We've got enough debate on schools and old buildings and customer service to keep your blood at a luke-warm level, without boiling it over!   :angel:
And you can come to my house for breakfast if you're worried... I serve hot coffee and cold grapenuts (with strawberries)... around 9-ish!   :D
Breakfast at 9ish????????, we have breakfast at 5:30ish to 6ish!!!!, Grape-Nut Flakes???????, my wife is an old country gal and I don't think she even knows how to fry Grape-Nut Flakes. You come to our house and bring your husband and I will make a batch of Fried Bread for Breakfast, it will be like nothing you have ever had, it is an old family recipe that my dad made for our family for breakfast at family gatherings. Whenever my kids and Grandkids come home to visit we always ask them what they want us to fix for them while they are here and for the breakfast menu, Fried Bread is at the top of the list, that and my homemade biscuits and cinnamon rolls. Breakfast at 9ish, when I was in grade school I started milking at 5ish every morning, WOW times have changed on the farm.
Tobina in all seriousness I am going to try to avoid the Politics section more, that is where the meanest, most insensitive, most nasty,foul , ornery,rotten, interesting, fun, oh forget that I don't think I can stay away from it, we have to save America. I am so wrapped up in the election I put in a new doorbell that plays a bar of the "National Anthem" very loud, and I put a big metal sign up high above my Garage doors that says "GOD BLESS AMERICA". I bought the doorbell because the guy that sold it to me told me it would keep Obama away from my door.
Have a great day.

dnalexander

Hey, fried bread is also one of my family's favorite breakfast foods along with German Pancakes.Any chance of getting you to post that old family secret recipe for fried bread? All this talk of breakfast is making me hungry time to have some late lunch. :P

David

Catwoman

Yes, please post the recipe...either here or on the antique recipes thread.  I'd love to see it..and try it, too~

Tobina+1

No, just plain Grape Nuts.  The kind that looks like stickers.  And they swell in your belly if you eat too many.  Although the Grape Nuts Trail Mix is pretty darn good, too.  I've not had the flakes (and not sure they could be fried?).

Yeah, I'm not a morning person anymore.  My husband doesn't eat breakfast (unless you count sweet tea and cookies as breakfast), so I got off the hook when I married him.  I "can" get up early if I have to... but I usually choose not to.  Joys of working from home.  I'm stocking up on my sleep before I have kids.  Besides, I also have to have at least 1 cup of coffee before I eat breakfast.  So once I'm done with that and my first round of e-mails, then I break for breakfast (and sometimes that's even 10-ish!!)   ;)
But I'd get up early for fried bread, maybe.  I'll leave the doors unlocked; holler when it's ready.   ;D
(I make myself sound bad.. I do make waffles on the weekends... sometimes.)  :P

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk