nit-picky

Started by flo, September 10, 2008, 02:13:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pam

Lol, you got a point Angie. Made me think of when I was a kid and they made a movie about Davy Crockett goin to congress and walkin in wearin his buckskins and his accent lol. We need a Davy Crockett!Go far enough back in the hills we could probly still find one lol
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

flo

Here I go again, but somethimes it's the "little things" that tell you more than all the big TV programs and TV ads etc.  I watched on the news this morning as McCain and Obama paid their respects at the 9/11 memorial yesterday.  Each had flowers to place.  McCain quietly and reverently placed his flowers on the memorial, Obama "tossed" his.  Now, I know this is nit-picky at it's best, but I just felt like Obama was not showing respect for those that gave all that day, or didn't care.  It just hit me wrong, I guess, but as I said, sometimes you can learn a lot from the "little things" about a person's character and personality.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Teresa

I didn't want to say anything.. but I noticed that too. I almost flinched when he did that.
But once again.. all of these little things that tells you the TRUE character of the man.
And John McCain IS a man of heart. a true patriot in all ways. 
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Lookatmeknow!!

I didn't watch that and glad that I didn't.  That would have really upset me.  It just upsets me to read this.  I just keep wondering what we are in for in the years to come!!  It can only get better, right??!!???? ;)
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

Diane Amberg

I'm going to twist a tail....then why wasn't McCain wearing a flag on his lapel?  Obama had a flag on his lapel and McCain didn't.  Issues folks, its about issues. (and yes, the fact he tossed those flowers bothered me too. I knew you all would pick up on that.) I still want to hear more, they are starting to sound alike!

Catwoman

Actually, this whole thing has gone beyond whether or not a simple pin is being worn.  There are many markers that show the true person and their personality...all you have to do is watch and listen...and I mean REALLY listen...don't get caught up in all of the hooplah surrounding them.  When you really stop to observe, you start to see lots of things, not the least of which is the flip manner of putting flowers down in what is supposed to be a symbolic gesture.  It's called reading people.  There are entire volumes out there to read, if you just take the time to observe.

srkruzich

I don't know about obama, but if he had of attended a funeral down where i was raised and tossed flowers on the grave,
he would have been run out of town on a rail. thats disrespectful.
You lay the flowers on the casket or memorial not throw them at it.  I guess its a cultural thing maybe.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

pam

I watched the video this mornin cause I missed it the other day. I don't think he meant any disrespect......the other guy that was with them did the same thing, I don't know who he was. I don't know..........He looked uncomfortable to me... maybe like he wasn't sure how to do it.

Personally, I think he jumped the gun on runnin for president, maybe with a few more years he could be what he seems to want to be which is a combination of JFK and Martin Luther King, I don't know, nobody does.

I think Mccain waited too long and is sellin out to win at all costs which is a pretty good indicator of HIS integrity. If he wants to win on this change spiel he's been spoutin lately he should win on HIS merits not Obamas DEmerits real or imagined.

I'm just way tired of all the negativity on my tv right now, when you're sittin there tellin your tv to shut the hell up and get over it it's time to turn it off or change politics one or the other :P
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

Diane Amberg

Pam, I think that other person was the current Mayor of New York. No, of course Obama didn't mean any disrespect. None of them would. And lapel pins and hands over hearts, let's forget all that stuff on all sides and figure out who is going to do the best job considering all the negative forces of congress, and 40,000 lobbyists wrangling for favors. I don't know how anybody, no matter how well meaning can handle all that. Eventually they all become so surrounded by staff that I'm not sure they ever hear much of anything first hand, it's all filtered through so many layers first.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk