Started by Warph, September 10, 2008, 03:28:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

JOHN FUND ON THE TRAIL 
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122098190668515511.html?mod=fpa_mostpop 

The Hunt for Sarah October
City slickers invade Wasilla
September 9, 2008

Democrats understand Sarah Palin is a formidable political force who has upset the Obama victory plan. The latest Washington Post/ABC Poll shows John McCain taking a 12-point lead over Barack Obama among white women, a reversal of Mr. Obama's eight-point lead last month.

It's no surprise, then, that Democrats have airdropped a mini-army of 30 lawyers, investigators and opposition researchers into Anchorage, the state capital Juneau and Mrs. Palin's hometown of Wasilla to dig into her record and background. My sources report the first wave arrived in Anchorage less than 24 hours after John McCain selected her on August 29.

The main area of interest to the Democratic SWAT team is Mrs. Palin's dismissal in July of her public safety commissioner. Mrs. Palin says he was fired for cause. Her critics claim he was fired because he wouldn't bend to pressure to get rid of a state trooper, Mike Wooten, who had been involved in a bitter divorce battle with Mrs. Palin's sister. Mr. Wooten is certainly a colorful character. He served a five-day suspension after the Palin family filed a complaint against him alleging he had threatened Mrs. Palin's father. They also accused him of using a Taser on his 10-year-old stepson, drinking in his patrol car and illegally shooting a moose.

http://www.adn.com/news/alaska/story/517685.html

Mrs. Palin will return to Alaska for the first time in nearly two weeks on Wednesday night, when she is scheduled to arrive in Fairbanks. Local Republicans will hold a "Welcome Home" rally for her. You can bet some of the Democratic opposition research contingent will be in the audience taking notes. They'll be the ones arriving in rental cars and wearing fancy dress shoes from back east.
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Roma Jean Turner

If these allegations are true or even part of them are true, he shouldn't be a trooper.  His supervisor should have been responsible for dealing with that.

dnalexander

Looks like they are positioning "Troopergate" to be the "October Surprise" for this Presidential Election. I bet the final conclusion comes out just a few days before the election. Once Palin was selected as VP it mysteriously got a fast track from the Alaska House of Reps. From what I have heard heard from my Alaska friend and read the brother in law deserved to be fired. They would have gone after her if she didn't get him fired.

David

Diane Amberg

David, your Alaskan friend is exactly right. I suspect more will come out soon.

dnalexander

Quote from: Diane Amberg on September 10, 2008, 03:05:14 PM
David, your Alaskan friend is exactly right. I suspect more will come out soon.

Diane, I forgot the name of the mine you asked about months ago. But there is some action on it coming up in the Alaska Congress. It is right in Palin's back yard in Bristol Bay. My friend said that he suspects some of Palin's dealings on that will be popping up to try and discredit her run as VP. It is just now suddenly starting to simmer faster after a long dormant period.

David

Teresa

SC Senator Jim Demint sounds off on Obama and the Bridge to nowhere:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122100927525717663.html?mod=opinion_main_commentaries

QuoteMrs. Palin also killed the infamous Bridge to Nowhere in her own state. Yes, she once supported the project: But after witnessing the problems created by earmarks for her state and for the nation's budget, she did what others like me have done: She changed her position and saved taxpayers millions. Even the Alaska Democratic Party credits her with killing the bridge.

When the Senate had its chance to stop the Bridge to Nowhere and transfer the money to Katrina rebuilding, Obama and Biden voted for the $223 million earmark, siding with the old boys' club in the Senate. And to date, they still have not publicly renounced their support for the infamous earmark.
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Teresa

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Roma Jean Turner

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk