Palintology

Started by dnalexander, September 09, 2008, 02:03:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dnalexander

John McCain was not her dream pick. Only a year ago, when the Republican primaries were just beginning, Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin told NEWSWEEK that she wasn't enthusiastic about anyone in the GOP field. McCain was languishing at 7 percent in the polls. Mike Huckabee was reduced to playing his electric bass to get attention. Palin, driving with a NEWSWEEK reporter along the highway from Anchorage to Wasilla, said she could understand why the country was enthralled by the race between Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton. "When you talk about the Republican Party needing appealing candidates, darn right they do!" she said. "The Democrats, whether you like them or not ... there is some dynamic there, and it's something that the Republicans I think have lacked for some time."  The rest of the story is here:

http://www.newsweek.com/id/157696

pepelect

Why does the gun get so much press?  Does the media think this is the first woman to grab trigger?   I am confused.      When are we going to see pictures of her in the minivan.   I have not seen her kiss a baby once.  Where is the visit to the urban downtrodden?  When do we start the rumors about her husbands infidelities?  Wouldn't it be cool to find a male intern scandal?

All soccer moms drive minivans. 

Is their a hockey equivalent?

Maybe a Zamboni.   With a big ad on the back bumper.  "My vehicle is protected by Smith and Wesson."

I know a Snow Cat with a gun turret.  It would play well with the outdoors men.   

Cheney hasn't even been on the radar lately.  I sure hope she wears a face shield when they have the celebrity skeet shoot.  Too pretty to scar up before the election.

We could have an old fashioned duel. 

Winner takes all.

Diane Amberg

I enjoyed reading that Newsweek article. I now have more information on the brother in law business. He really turned into a nasty piece of work. Sarah may have exceeded her authority, but I understand why. Police agencies all do talk to each other, all over the country.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk