Palin Not Qualified?

Started by Wilma, October 02, 2008, 10:04:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

Much is being said about Palin not being qualified to be vice-president.  I believe this is based on the possibility of her having to assume the presidency.  From what I remember about some of our president's qualifications.  If you disagree with me or know a better answer, please jump in and help me.

Bush, current president--what was he before he ran for president?
Clinton---governor
Bush, past president--what was he before becoming president?
Reagan--governor
Carter---governor
Ford-----????
Nixon----congressman & senator
Johnson---congressman & senator
Kennedy---senator
Eisenhower----military
Truman----senator
Roosevelt---governor

Palin's qualifications---6 years as mayor
                             2 years governor
Obama's qualifications---2 years senator

Is two years as a senator a better qualification than two years as a governor?

flo

MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Jo McDonald

Yes, Wilma, she IS qualified  --- that is what has the Dem's shorts in a twist.
Jo
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

frawin

Wilma, Bush was Governor of Texas, do you think their previous political experience is the only or for that matter the most important consideration. It seems to me their morals, Christian values, Philosophy in regard to God and Country, Taxes, Abortion, Education, Racism, their commitment to abide by the Constitution , as put forth by our founding Fathers,etc is just as important if not more important. I would much rather have Sarah Palin as Vice-President or President, for that matter,  than someone that was negative in all of the above. Joe Bidden has ran for President several times and barely got a vote in the various state primaries, I think Joe Bidden is a good person he just doesn't have the personality or values that many preople want. Larry Craig has more Congressional Experience than Palin, would you vote for Craig, I doubt it. just curious about your take on this.

sixdogsmom

I think it has become debateable if dubya is qualified for POTUS.
Edie

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk