Howard News

Started by Janet Harrington, August 06, 2006, 09:13:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet Harrington

I spent Saturday with my mother, Wilma Weyrauch, and she made a suggestion for the Howard Forum page.  Maybe we could put some local news on here such as when someone dies or gets married, etc.  One way to do that, I guess, would be for members to just take it upon themselves to post a death they know about or post an engagement, etc.  Mother says that she really likes the Moline News in the paper, but she knows that the only way that Pat McAlilster gets that much news is because she calls people up.  Anyway, that is a suggestion.  I'll even offer to do the deaths since I'm so familiar with dead people anyway.  Do you think this could be a possibility?????  Let's here from you, FORUM MEMBERS.

Teresa

Funny that you would mention that.. as I was going to share with you all what a member wrote to me, and see if there is any interest in it.

Lois Morgon ask me if it would be possible to add an obituary page and also maybe something to help people do genealogy work. From what I can tell, she does a lot of this kind of work in helping people track their roots..
So .. I can and will add an obituary page.. and I can add another section board on genealogy.. but since I know nothing about the genealogy stuff, I would ask you Lois, if you will take over that section and answer the questions and be the moderator of sorts for that board.
And Janet.. if you will be a moderator of the obituary section, ( since you say you are around dead people all the time) ::) I would appreciate it.
If you both will not mind helping out in those sections, then I will be glad to add them to the forum.

If anyone has any suggestions to help make the forum and site a more informative place to visit.. please let me know.

Thanks for those of you who care enough to keep this place alive.
Teresa
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Janet Harrington

I can and I will do that.

genealogynut

Janet--

Are you planning on putting just the current obits on, or are you going to use some real oldies? (early 1900's-1960)

I do not know if you are aware of this, but a person can view obits that are on the Winfield Daily Courier site.  They have them for approx. the last four years.   ;D

Janet Harrington

I can put new ones on and I can go back to a few old ones.  I knew that the Winfield paper had the obits on line as my mother reminded just today in an e-mail.  I'll do my best to see how we can do this as soon as Ms. T gives me a space to start working.

Mom70x7

The new plans sound exciting and interesting. Thanks for continuing to improve this site.

Teresa

We have been out of town all day.
I will get started on the new additions tomorrow.
I have decided to "take the leap" and learn more about this business of ours.. especially  where all of the computer stuff is concerned..
He starts teachng me tomorrow. Hopefully , I will be able to "graduate" by Christmas  :P
Sooooooooooooooo~~
Everyone.. wish me luck. 8)

I will start on the Howard forum in the morning though. I don't think it will take me too long to do what needs done.. as I have done it one other time, but he was walking me through it .. as it will have to be done again.. It is just all so overwhelming.... :o
Baby steps Teresa Baby steps...
I am soooo nervous ..there is so much to learn and............well................

:-\

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Narvous

Quote from: Teresa on August 07, 2006, 10:37:49 PM
We have been out of town all day.
I will get started on the new additions tomorrow.
I have decided to "take the leap" and learn more about this business of ours.. especially  where all of the computer stuff is concerned..
He starts teachng me tomorrow. Hopefully , I will be able to "graduate" by Christmas  :P
Sooooooooooooooo~~
Everyone.. wish me luck. 8)

I will start on the Howard forum in the morning though. I don't think it will take me too long to do what needs done.. as I have done it one other time, but he was walking me through it .. as it will have to be done again.. It is just all so overwhelming.... :o
Baby steps Teresa Baby steps...
I am soooo nervous ..there is so much to learn and............well................

:-\
         Thats Narvous ;D ;)

Narvous
Cowboy on the Rockin H

Janet Harrington

You tell her, Narvous. ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk