FOR WHAT IT'S WORTH

Started by frawin, September 06, 2008, 12:49:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dnalexander

Uncle Frank after what you said about your nephew (my brother) being an attorney? I can't believe you even talk to lawyers. ;) You gotta get em in small claims court before it gets so high that you need a shyster. Love em or hate em when you need one it sure can change your opinion of them. (My post is full of sarcasm, kidding, trash talk so nobody kill me.) :angel:

David

flo

Quote from: frawin on September 07, 2008, 05:39:49 PM
, I bill them if they don't pay I give the bill to an attorney to collect.

which is what he should have done instead of posting it on the internet.  I still don't know who John Thompson is
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

frawin

He didn't post it on the Internet

frawin

Quote from: dnalexander on September 07, 2008, 05:55:43 PM
Uncle Frank after what you said about your nephew (my brother) being an attorney? I can't believe you even talk to lawyers. ;) You gotta get em in small claims court before it gets so high that you need a shyster. Love em or hate em when you need one it sure can change your opinion of them. (My post is full of sarcasm, kidding, trash talk so nobody kill me.) :angel:

David
David, I don't consider $15,000.00 a candidate for small claims court. Dennis is the one married to my Niece Karen, right.

Diane Amberg

I just don't understand why the accountant waited so long to bring it up... Why didn't he give it to his attorney? I sure would have. The tax part was meant to be funny...and I did say that if the money is owed it should be paid. I've worked on local campaigns over the years, both Democrats and Republicans. It wasn't unusual for "in kind services" to be offered, printing, food and such. I've heard some say, Yeh, I'll just take it off my taxes." I've never approved of ANY campaign spending more than they have. I've knocked on doors, done literature drops, and worked phone banks to encourage people to vote. None of the people I worked for were ever in debt when they were done. But then again, they weren't national campaigns either.

sixdogsmom

[/quote]
SDM, that is not what it says, it says thaey can't determine if it was or not. If you go to Truthorfiction.com it says he said he wrote it off.

Frank, you apparently did not read the entire Snopes response, just the undeterminate ruling. Please do not imply I do not know what I read. At the bottom of the article there is an email posted by Bruce Riddle saying that this has about ruined his life, and that the email containing this message was intended for family members only. And it most certainly does say that the bill has been paid.
Edie

frawin

SDM, he worked on the campaign in 1988, 20 years ago and he wrote the letter in August 2008, 20 years later and said that he did not recieve his $15,000.00. So I think it is clear that he was not paid, he is only trying to get the matter stopped as he did not intended for it to be made public. If you go on and read what Snopes says in closing""we can't objectively determine whether the specified debts really existed (or, if so,whether they were actually paid off). In his letters he said he wrote off the $15,000.00, and that was 20 years ago so I think it is obvious it wasn't paid.

dnalexander

Missed the details. I didn't realize the claim was 20 years old. I thought it was current. I think Delaware now has a $15,000 small claims limit. Seems Biden had bad years back in the late 80's with the plagiarism speech and this debt. What I see of him now he is a different upstanding man.

David

sixdogsmom

Frank, Bruce Riddell said the bill had been Paid! What is your problem?
Edie

frawin

In his letters he said it was not paid. Even Snopes say they can't verify it was. If it will make you feel better go find an unpaid parking ticket that some Republican hasn't paid and put it on the forum.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk