Prairie Star

Started by W. Gray, September 02, 2008, 08:18:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flo

Quote from: W. Gray on September 12, 2008, 10:51:37 AM
Pony Express might be viable and might not..

The Pony Express took eleven days to get to California so conceivably it would be better than today's mail.

Hey, Waldo, my daughter mailed me a letter from Emporia and it took 8 days to get from there to here, so 11 days to get from St. Louis to California wasn't that bad.  She could have walked the letter down here and been quicker than the snail mail.

Rudy, we appreciate your "extra mile" to make sure we have our paper to read on time.  Know you have no control over those that must be mailed, but hang in there, Bonnie, your paper is "in the mail"  ;D ;D ;D
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Bonnie M.

Rudy, we would be very happy for you and your family to come out here and visit us, and, when you come out, you can just bring the paper with you!

When we're visiting in Longton, I usually always buy the paper from Kay's Grocery store, an read it up and down and all around.  It is a great service you provide, to "hand deliver" the paper to those towns.

As I said, I just have something to look forward to, and I'll let you know when I see the "Prairie Star" for the first time!
Bonnie

Bonnie M.

No "Prairie Star" today, there's always tomorrow!
Bonnie

frawin

We got our Prairie Star today, I thought it was the Tulsa World it was so big. We haven't had a chance to read it yet.

kshillbillys

I didn't realize the mail for Oklahoma went to Wichita first. It used to be that there was a Tulsa truck out of Independence every night but with the price of fuel and drop of mail volume they may have stopped those runs. The newspapers mailed out locally for local delivery only go to Independence and then are distributed the next day, they don't ever go to Wichita, with the exception of anything mailed on Saturday. The Saturday mail leaves Independence and goes to Wichita to be worked up because there is only one person that works Saturday afternoon/evening and then only one shift that works on Sunday so they send the mail to Wichita to be processed. 

The postage increases are necessary for the 8 million miles traveled every day by your letter carriers across the country to pay for gas and vehicle upkeep. And despite popular belief, first class postage doesn't pay the wages of the employees of the postal service. 3rd class shipping pays the wages.

Off subject..sorry..Rudy the paper looks really good...the newspaper business is fun...I really enjoyed my time as Assistant Editor of the Sedan Times Star.
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

Bonnie M.

Update!  We did receive the "Flint Hills Express" yesterday, dated August 27.  SO.....I do believe that next week we should be receiving the new "Prairie Star," don't you think?  I'm anxious to see what you all have been talking about!

Bonnie

Bonnie M.

"Drum roll"..... today we received the "Prairie Star!"  It is a good paper, and we've enjoyed reading it.  I've enjoyed reading the Chautauqua County news, along with Elk County.

So, this is good!  I hope you're all having a good day!
Bonnie

flo

HIP HIP HURRAY  HIP HIP HURRAY  HIP HIP HURRAY
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Wilma

I don't remember which thread I was in when I criticized Elk County for not having any news in the paper and LO and BEHOLD!, this week there is court news and Register of Deeds news.  Check it out for yourself.  Lower right hand of page 3.  Elk County District Court and Elk County Deeds.  I didn't know any of the names in the court news or in the deeds news, but they were interesting anyway.  Whoever is responsible for getting these to the paper, THANK YOU!!!!!  I don't know who is responsible for the speeding tickets issued, but since they were all in a 55 MPH zone, I would think it was a Trooper.  I also find reading about who has transferred property in Elk County interesting.  I have missed these news items.

Not to be picky, but I notice that there is also a Chautauqua County Sheriff's Report besides the Chautauqua County Traffic Violations.  It is very simple.  Nothing that would take a lot of someone's time and I am sure that there is at least one employee in our sheriff's office that would have the time to do this for Elk County.

Mom70x7

I saw them also, and I'm delighted the reports are back, so I'll add my THANKS to yours!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk