Prairie Star

Started by W. Gray, September 02, 2008, 08:18:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judy Harder

Quote from: Rudy Taylor on September 11, 2008, 03:16:30 PM
See, folks! There's a person after my own heart.

She feeeeeeeels that newspaper before she reads it.

Mmmm.
Hey Rudy,

Again I did NOT get a paper...I am having a meltdown.....oh wait that is all the water coming down........my gauge is almost at the 2 inch level.........that is from 8 this morning.
I spoke to post mistress and she did say everyone else got their paper.......just not me.
HELP!
Judy
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

patyrn

We also have not gotten either of the new Prairie Star editions.  I have been visiting with the girls at Taylor News who are working to try to figure out what has happened to the papers between the shipping point and Edmond, Oklahoma.  Pretty frustrating for everyone involved, but they are going to mail again the missing editions.  They have been very pleasant to work with (maybe deserving some bonuses, Rudy!!!!). 

Ole Granny

Several years ago I received the Flint Hills Express.  It was rare that I received on a regular basis.  Not one to complain I just endured.  Finally, one week I received all the newspapers for my Zip code; all rolled up into one.  I returned all but my newspaper to the post office.  I assumed that was what happened to my newspaper but the other papers were not returned to the post office.  Just a possibility.
"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

Bonnie M.

We haven't received the new "Prairie Star" yet either, but it always does take a long time to arrive here in Southern California, and I expect it, any day now!  I like to have something to look forward to!
Bonnie

pepelect

Only one job......Tobina you need to be on more committees,  groups, organizations, etc.    A person of your infinite talents and creative skills shouldn't be wasted with only one enterprise  ....especially while you are so young and still give a crap.   

Maybe you could hawk Prairie Star papers for the rural yard mowers and beautifacation union.

.....I have no doubt of your waitress skills just commenting on their hours of operation.

Rudy it is awfully difficult to start a fire in the fireplace with blog posts....

Rudy Taylor

... oh, there have been some hot fires started with our blogs, especially in Chautauqua County re: their sheriff's race. They finally got so petty that Jenny pulled them.

We like to see issues debated and discussed. But picky personality differences need to be handled at the local tavern.

Heck, I don't have any idea what's causing Judy's paper to be missing from the list.  I'll check it out.  Re: out-of-state subscriptions, it's a terrible delivery situation. We pay more to mail them, do all the coding, sorting and bagging ourselves, and it still takes a week to get them to their destinations.  But that's not the fault of your local postal employees, or even those in Wichita. The papers still must go through major distribution centers in big cities and there's where the slowdown occurs.
It truly is "a wonderful life."

flo

I always (  :-\ well almost always) get my f/k/a Flinthills Express n/k/a The Prairie Star  on Thursdays.  I subscribe to The Eureka Herald  also which I may get on Thurs., Fri. or Sat. and have been known not to get it till Mon. of the next week.  I'm so glad they keep raising postage so we can have better mail handleing.  I vote we go back to the pony express, it seemed to be much more effecient, all for a few dollars and a bag of oats.  ;D 
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Tobina+1

PEP... MORE jobs?  Um, yes, I think I'm set for committees, groups, and organizations for now.  Yeah, I'm going to have a hard time living down my late-morning breakfast routine.

Pony Express?  Poor Bonny would be waiting for MONTHS for her paper!   ;D

W. Gray

Pony Express might be viable and might not.

It ran only to California, so Bonnie would be getting the newspaper while everyone else does without--assuming Rudy took the newspaper to St Joseph, Mo and sent it off to her.

The Pony Express took eleven days to get to California so conceivably it would be better than today's mail, however, the cost was from five to fifteen dollars per ounce, depending on which source one reads. It even carried telegrams, but completion of the telegraph across the west was the reason for killing it.

The Pony Express was only a blip in American history; it was in existence for only nineteen months.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Rudy Taylor

I live in Caney, and from atop our roof I can see the town of Copan, Okla. Fact is, Copan is so close that we eat lunch there most days.

But it takes three days to get a newspaper mailed to Copan. We put them in the mail here in Caney and they go to Independence, then to Wichita, then Tulsa, then Bartlesville then Copan.

That's why we do "exceptional dispatch" for readers who live in Howard, Moline, Longton and Elk Falls. That means we hand-carry the bundles of papers to those post offices to make sure they arrive on time.  But we can't do it for all towns --- just the ones we're driving through anyway as we stock our convenience stores and other sales points.

It truly is "a wonderful life."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk