Prairie Star

Started by W. Gray, September 02, 2008, 08:18:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flo

you know, everything on the "net" may be up-to-date, but sorry, I like to sit down with a cup of coffee, a cigarette, and read my paper front to back.  Please keep it just like it is, at least while I still have my eye sight, okay?  ;D
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Cuffette

Okay Patrick, big girl panties on....I'm here! 

Thank you all for the encouragement on the new Prairie Star.  I know change can be tough, but we really are proud of our publications.  They are truly like our babies and each week is just about like delivering one. 

As far as a totally online newspaper, you have no idea how far that rabbit hole goes.  It has been discussed everywhere from national journalism meetings to our table at Christmas.  We just have to take things one step at a time, while remembering that this is a business and we do have to make money. 

Also, publishing newspapers is what we know.  There is a huge learning curve for those of us who love the smell of ink.  It would be about like telling Poplar Pizza that they have to be a cosmopolitan-type internet cafe.  They could do it, but it's not what they know.

So I guess for now we're trying to please both audiences.  We're still publishing our pulp product and right now I don't see it going anywhere.  In fact, we've never been more proud of them.  But we're also diving further each day into our online side, hoping to add more audio, new video, and whatever else might be around the corner! 

I'm excited to be on here now! 

pepelect

Just seeing if you were awake.......   I like the tree killing version that you work so hard on.  It adds a bit of class to the area.

If you can publish a hard copy you have a soft version already done.  You just need portal software to reap the financials.   

Remember you are communicating with an industrial electrician that is in bed with a drug dealer who also has a butcher shop attached to a grocery store.   

Poplar couldn't keep up with me on my day off.  Those 'Yorkers don't get up before ten at the earliest.  Tobina could waitress there.

dnalexander

Wednesday  September 10, 2008 11:19 Pacific Time   Flint Hill Express changes to Prairie  Star on the Elk County Forum. Rudy am I the first to notice the change. Earlier today I was going to ask why you had not changed the web page.

David

http://www.taylornews.org/pst/

Rudy Taylor

I'm not sure Tobina could waitress at Poplar's.

She'd want to talk, then serve, then talk some more, then ....

Them Yorkers need pizza slammers.
;D

It truly is "a wonderful life."

Tobina+1

Hey now, easy.  All these other jabbers on here and you pick on ME?   ;)
I was a waitress in a former life, at Applebees.  It took me YEARS to want to eat there after I left... and I like Poplar too much to stop eating there.  Besides, I have a job, believe it or not.  You guys just occupy my time between phone calls, e-mails, and loading websites.

Diane Amberg

Might I ask why you didn't care for Applebee's? Is there something I should know? I like their baby spinach salads and coconut shrimp.

Tobina+1

Diane; I liked Applebees, and I do now again.  It's just that when you serve the food to so many people (and eat it for dinner after work every night, and clean up the tables, and empty the trash), you just don't have a craving for it for a while.
My fav was the Applebee's Club sandwich.  And their fries are AWESOME... especially dipped in their honey mustard sauce.
Oh crap, I feel like we might get booted to the "random" thread...  Here we go...

Maybe if I post something about the Prairie Star, she won't kick us out...
Got my 2nd edition today!  Haven't read it, but it feels nice and thick!  Good job, Cuffer and Cuffette!

Rudy Taylor

See, folks! There's a person after my own heart.

She feeeeeeeels that newspaper before she reads it.

Mmmm.
It truly is "a wonderful life."

Lookatmeknow!!

I can't wait on Thursdays to get home and get my paper to read it!!  It is a stress relief for me.  I don't have much alone time for myself, so when the 3 wild girls go to bed, I get to grab the paper and read and reread the paper!!  I feel that we are so lucky to have the paper in this area!!  Keep up the GREAT work!!!
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk