Kansas Roads

Started by Wilma, March 07, 2010, 04:21:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

From the April, 2010 issue of the Reader's Digest.

THE BEST WORST DEADLIEST ROADS

"To quantify how America's roads and drivers are doing, we factored in the latest data for spending, congestion, road and bridge condition, and safety to see how our states rate."

Best Roads list:

1.  Kansas
2.  Wisconsin
3.  Montana

Deadliest  list:

1.  Montana
26.  Kansas

THE BEST ROADS

We asked experts to nominate their favorite stretches of road in some of our top-ranked states:

I-35 through Kansas (and Kansas roads in general)  "It's well maintained and open and offers an extremely smooth ride.  They have rest areas that are easy in, easy out.  It has wide-open spaces, and you don't feel the pressure of constant interaction with traffic.  Actually, in Kansas, all the highways are very good.  Even the two-lane roads are great: smooth, with shoulders."  Wal-Mart driver from Shelbina, Missouri.

There is a lot more in this article.  Very interesting.

Jane

Wilma, you did not state where Missouri rates but since we are going over there to see our daughter. I will have to say, their roads are better then Kansas. I-44 is as good as our turnpike and when we were leaving the last time there was a bad snow storm and the road crews had all the roads clear on Highway 7,13 and 54. Even their secondary roads are better although they had a lot more curves.
When we went to Ft Worth and got off the turnpike, OK highway was just great. So not sure who voted on Kansas.
Right now Topeka is the pothole city, everyone that comes here complains about the streets.

Wilma

I was surprised, too, because I have been in other states and I didn't think Kansas rated better than most of the other highways I had been on.  The article didn't have an author.  It was more like it was a Reader's Digest thing.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk