jh. chearleader's

Started by heather_tyler_2014, August 13, 2008, 11:34:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

L Hendricks

My opinion, and only my opinion is the lack of numbers in HS is due to conflict... cheerleaders not getting along, not liking a sponsor etc and the time conflict.  The football schedule has some far away games and for HS Varsity volleyball girls that means a late Friday nite - midnight?  and then maybe leave as early as 5 or 6am the next morning to play volleyball all day... You can do both... it just is a time management issue.  A dance team was also added this year at the HS - 10 girls are on it.  I was under the understanding that it was not being funded by the school, but maybe some one can correct me.  Believe me - it is not a number thing - I have 32 girls out for HS Volleyball and know of probably another 5 or so that didn't go out.

Mom70x7

The Dance Team raised money through a car wash this summer at the Howard United Methodist Church.

And I think you're right - the dance team drew away some potential cheerleaders.
That and conflict.

Tobina+1

What exactly is the Dance Team going to be doing? 

pepelect

heather_tyler_2014

nice pep- tobina there going to do half time at football games and whatnot and will take turns with those 4 chearleader's   :-X
Sword with a double edged blade...it'll cut you either way.

Lookatmeknow!!

I believe that if you get a good sponser in there that you will attract kids.  I think Devyn would be great for the job!!  I might even get on the phone and harass Bert about it today!!! :laugh:
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

DanCookson

Quote from: pepelect on August 26, 2008, 06:26:39 PM
Dancing?

LMAO....I knew it would get posted, just didn't know who would get to it first.

PEP gets the gold  ;D

Tobina+1

Yep, set myself up.  I should have worded it... "what function different than the cheerleaders"?  Cheerleaders dance, too.  Point of the dance team is that they just want to dance and not cheer?  Do they do this at other events (non-sporting)? 

pepelect

Back in the day, before cell phones, computer, and the like, we has both a cheer leader squad and a dance squad each with separate sponsors,  I don't even think they rode the same bus to the games. 

Someone had the brilliant idea that if they combined them you would have more than 4 cheerleaders and still have a dance team.   Spirit squad was borne.    Now we have killed the spirit squad and resurrected the dance from the depths of non funded programs.   

Do we have DNC running the schools system unfunded mandates are usually followed by a reelection campaign?  I thought they were still in Denver....

We could build a ball room for them?!!   Any one for the tango?    Stage an opera? 
What kind of dance should we require in such a prosperous village?     I think Traci could order in those pointy soft toed shoes.   

How about tap.    It's not just for Kegs you know.....

Mom70x7

Quotethe dance team drew away some potential cheerleaders.

I've been informed cheerleaders tryouts were hold, cheerleaders chosen, before the dance team was formed.

So the dance team did NOT draw anyone away from cheerleading, apparently.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk