Barack Obama's 'lost' brother found in Kenya

Started by Warph, August 22, 2008, 03:14:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixdogsmom

WE don't know what has or has not been done for any of them. I really think this is family business, not grist for the public mill. But that is just my opinion and it only counts for littel.
Edie

Catwoman

SDM, your opinion always counts.  However, both half-siblings have made it very clear that nothing has been done for them...Obama's half brother has stated that he denies being a relative out of embarrassment over his poverty and McCain's half-sister has publically stated that, after her father died, she received 10K, her children received nothing, and that Cindy received the rest of the vast estate.  However, you are correct in that this should be an internal family-related affair...if it were any other families and didn't have broader implications for how the two would view their responsibilities to this country. 

lola330

CW--I'm not buying it.     I would hate to think that my job or peoples perception of my ability to perform my job was judged by the choices and events in my extended family's lives Therefore, if I have the right to these expectations, so do Barack and Cindy.

Again--no one can pretend to know the whole story, these people have lives outside the media.  We don't really KNOW any of these people or their personal business.  The media is stirring the pot and hoping that people will be led easily by their emotions.  We don't know all sides of the story and frankly, I don't think it is any of our business.  I don't think Barack or Cindy owe anyone an explanation either.  It has nothing to do with their ability to lead our country. 

It just means that their families are just as "normal" as any one elses.  And why not, it's nice to know that money can't change that!

The "broader implication for how the two would view their responsibilities to this country" is an error in logic, in my opinion. 

pam

I take it with a grain of salt because they both got with the press to do their gripin in public at a particular time when it COULD do the most "damage". You all get along with every relative you have?
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

flo

Quote from: Catwoman on August 24, 2008, 06:27:21 PM
McCain's half-sister has publically stated that, after her father died, she received 10K, her children received nothing, and that Cindy received the rest of the vast estate.   

This is not Cindy McCain's fault.  That would be according to her father's Last Will and Testament, so if anyone is to blame it is Cindy's father.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk