Rural Water

Started by Chelle, August 23, 2008, 03:18:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chelle

I have a question.  Wasn't Severy supposed to be getting rural water from RWD in Eureka?  I thought they were getting online 2 years ago.  I would hope that it would be soon because of the quality of water that comes out of the faucets isn't real appealing in color or taste.  Why is the quality of the present water system so bad?  If anyone has any info on this let me know?

Teresa

You should taste and see the Howard city water.
I am so pissed. I worked for 4 solid hours on  my hot tub trying to get the stains out off of the bottom where the City water had set... AFTER I had scrubbed and filled it 2 times draining it because it looked like coffee.
So I decided to drain it a 3rd time and I went to bed. Was 2 days before I got back out to see if it had drained. It had left some of the water in the bottom and it had actually stained the tub. I scrubbed and scrubbed on it AGAIN with comet until the stains were off. I rinsed it and then filled it. The water was clear. But it is a big hot tub and my water bill is going to be huge with all the filling and draining.
I have in the past always marveled at how the city water is perfect for a hot tub and swimming pool chlorine is just right.. PH is perfect. After 2 days of course you have to add the chlorine tablets... but the point is it is good for pools right out of the tap. (kinda scary tho when you think of drinking it)
This time however I tested the water and it came up 0 in choline.. 0 in PH balance ..0 in alkaline level.
  :o :o >:( What in the hell was going on I thought.
So I filled my little floating dispenser with my chlorine tablets and set it in the water. shut the lid.. and went into the house.
Went back out about 4 hours later to run the filters a bit and stir the water..and I opened up the lid and it looked like the tub was full of dark coffee.
This morning, I was brushing my teeth and I thought the water smelled funny.. so I tasted it and it tasted exactly like when I used to fall in the lake after skiing and would accidentally gulp a mouthful of lake water... and I mean EXACTLY like it.
Nasty ..

Connie Saxton told me that the water has stained their old porcelain bath tub..and ruined clothes.

so .. I  called Mark and he called the city office.

Somebody should be held accountable for not doing their job.  >:(

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

lola330

I find it interesting that city office employees buy cases of drinking water one of the local businesses in town. 

That oughta tell ya something!

Teresa

I WON'T drink the water. Period.
( I'm really upset about all of this.)

And yea.. they buy cases of water... No one wants to drink this stuff.
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

flo

when I lived in Severy I HATED the water and during late summer and early fall, there would even be sediment in the bottom of a drinking glass so I always just bought drinking water.  They said it was "safe" to drink, but sorry, when I P clearer that what comes out of the faucet . . . . . then I moved to Howard and WOW, no taste whatsoever to the water coming out of the tap and it was clear and I'm thinking this is great.  WRONG - I bought a Brita from Cookson's several weeks ago so I have good water to drink and make my coffee, breath as little as possible and hurry to take a shower and hold my nose when I take my laundry out of the washer.  I'm thinking, and hoping, that this too shall pass.  Severy's problem was always in late summer and early fall.  Something about the "lake turning over" whatever that meant. 
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Chelle

It sounds like Howards problems are due to lack of consistancy of chlorine and testing. Maybe that is what is wrong with Severy's water.  I thought that there were other problems and that is why Severy was trying to get onto RWD.     I haven't heard anything about it for years.  Did something happen where it would cost the city too much money? By the way yellow is what color the water is in Severy .

MAM-MA

My white clothes were ruined by the water.  I had done a timed soak with bleach,white t-shirts looked tea died. I bleached again and they were worse. Then I remembered my aunt used well water that had a high content of iron. The bleach and iron react chemicaly. I bought some color remover (like Rit) and it brought back my white!

flo

Chelle, whatever you wrote in yellow is unreadable, at least to me.  Hope it wasn't anything important.

Diane Amberg

She was showing you the color of Severy's water. We have a lot of iron in the water here too. We can't use chlorine bleach for whites either. I use dry bleach in every white load and that works. If I need to, I can go to city hall and they will give me, free, a packet to remove the iron stains....Go lean on the city, to do the same!

flo

the color has changed then.  It used to be about the color of the dark gray background of these posts.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk