Obama/Biden

Started by flo, August 23, 2008, 01:41:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flo

I don't care who you are, democrat or republican, Joe Biden just gave one hell of a speech that made a lot of sense.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

sixdogsmom

I agree Flo, I thought the whole thing was good! This is going to be an interesting convention.
Edie

Diane Amberg

Little Delaware will never be the same. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ;)

sixdogsmom

You never know, those three electoral votes could be the deciding edge. Now wouldn't that be something?  :D :D
Edie

Warph

Minutes after he was chosen as Barack Obama's vice-presidential pick, Sen. Joseph Biden (D-Del) revealed that he has begun writing a 50,000-word acceptance speech, aides to the senator confirmed today.

The address, which Mr. Biden has been working on around the clock, is an abridged version of a 200,000-word acceptance speech that Mr. Biden wrote when he ran for President in 1988.

According to those familiar with the speech, the Delaware senator will begin delivering the speech on Wednesday night of the Democratic convention and conclude it on Thursday night.

Representatives of television news divisions said they were undecided as to how to cover the Biden speech, but none were willing to commit to covering the speech live in its entirety.  "We may wind up airing some of it on CNBC or maybe the USA Network, and then cut away to something else," said Carol Foyler on NBC News.  "We're basically going to treat it like the hammer throw."

Mr. Biden, who was accused of plagiarizing a speech by a British politician when he ran for President in 1988, is unlikely to get caught doing that this time, according to one aide: "If there are some plagiarized bits in this speech, he'll stick them at the end after the audience has lost consciousness."  ;) ;) ;) :laugh:
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

flo

I am to assume that the republicans don't use printed speeches?  >:( :-\ give me a break . . . . . move on to something important

ELK@KC

Quote from: flo on August 24, 2008, 06:59:44 AM
I am to assume that the republicans don't use printed speeches?  >:( :-\ give me a break . . . . . move on to something important
What is important is in the eyes of the beholder.

Diane Amberg

That's OK Warph, If Joe makes a long speech, as we all know he can, you can write down all his verbal goofs and I'll bet there won't be as many as GWB makes! It's interesting, now that Joe has been asked to go for V.P., I can answer some of my own questions about solid issues. I've known him since the early 70's and I know what matters to him. He will always answer your question....even though he make take 20 minutes to do it!  :laugh:

flo

it may take him 20 minutes to tell you, but that's better than one or two words and leave the rest to your imagination.  Course some on this forum have QUITE an imagination.

flo

Warph, I have a question, if you don't mind my askin? Are you serious about what you post on here, or are you just sitting back grinnin to yourself everytime you sit and think about what will upset the democrats and then start peckin out your post? Think I'll give us both a rest and go do something constructive, like play in the traffic.   ::) can't do that, it's Sunday morning and there ain't any traffic.  Okay, I'll go play the piano, I can pound out my frustrations while I play a little "Waltz Accross Texas" - nope, that won't work, but "Under the Double Eagle" will.  Have a good day.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk