Down the Rabbit Hole: Wanna Drill for OIL?

Started by Warph, August 23, 2008, 05:51:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Amberg

Then there's LUK oil that I have a hard time getting a handle on. I know they are based in Moscow and bought our local Mobile station, but they seem to also be tied in with Phillips and Conoco for drilling and development. I can't keep up with it. I think they also may be involved with this Georgia thing. As much as I'd love to see lower gas prices, I'd rather not get into the SPR to do it.

W. Gray

Regardless of some Congress members rhetoric, neither would the Democrat controlled Congress like to get into the oil reserve.

That is, they did not override and change the existing law and authorize the Department of Energy to start pumping the reserve dry.

Even most of the "bad" guys in Congress know what an emergency is.

The good political solution was to put a temporary stop on oil deposits into the reserve.

Some politicians could then tell their constituents, who are so against the oil reserve, what they want to hear.

That is, their representative was doing something about the draconian oil reserve.

"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk