Greensburg Going Green

Started by Devyn-Leann, August 18, 2008, 03:18:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devyn-Leann

I've been watching a new series on tv called Greensburg. It's on channel 194, the Green channel, if you have Dish Network.

It shows the community coming back stronger than ever and building everything eco friendly. It's very good and if you haven't seen it, it's definitly worth looking for!

Tobina+1

I've watched a couple of these episodes.  One was good, and one was a little slow.  I also saw an interview on the news a couple months ago from a woman who is on the show.  She said she was happy with the way Greensburg and the people were portrayed (they didn't get to pre-screen anything), and she hoped it would still stay positive over the whole series.  One of the shows showed some college kids or something from an art place?  Like they're trying to build an art building or something?  That was a little hokey; the kids acted like the typical people from reality shows (show-offs, not professional, and pretty much air-heads).
I do think that channel is pretty interesting, though!  Lots to learn from!

jprxmkt

Patrick drove through Greensburg on his way out to Colorado last week and said it wasn't at all what he expected.  He said they saw no construction workers of any kind actually working.  I guess we thought there would be a flurry of activity in the rebuilding. It was on Friday morning. Not sure what was up with that. ???

Jo McDonald

Our daughter Sherri works there for FSA - it has been a struggle for all that lived there - and are trying to rebuild their lives.  Construction is slow, but she said there were several homes going up - and some of the business were trying to rebuild.  There is no grocery store there - Dillons was there, but when the storm was over they pulled out and have decided NOT to rebuild, and most of the business has disappeared so that leaves the town with a lot of "come back" to hope for.  Many have moved away, because they had nothing there and could do nothing else.  Many are building in other towns - Pratt has been a place for several to relocate.
  It is a sad thing, but hopefully the future will be brighter for them.
  Sherri and Curt did live in Greensburg when she first relocated there, but were living outside of Mullinville ( thank goodness ) when the devastating storm hit.  Her office was taken, of course, but they finally got it up and going again. So the road ahead will be long, I'm sure.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk