Overseas Military Support Obama

Started by sixdogsmom, August 18, 2008, 10:06:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixdogsmom

Report: U.S. military gives more to Obama
WASHINGTON (UPI) -- U.S. troops abroad are donating six times as much to Barack Obama's presidential campaign as they are to Republican John McCain, a study found.

The non-partisan, non-profit Center for Responsive Politics in Washington analyzed campaign donation figures and reported Thursday it had found that in 2008, U.S. troops deployed overseas at the time of their contributions had given a total of more than $60,000 to the campaign of Obama, the likely Democratic nominee, and had contributed more than $10,000 to the campaign of McCain, the presumptive Republican nominee.

The center said that while Obama had received 57 percent of all contributions to presidential candidates this year, U.S. troops generally favored Republicans, with 59 percent of their federal contributions going to GOP candidates during the current election cycle.

Obama leads McCain in campaign donations from members of the Army, Navy and Air Force, but McCain has received more campaign money than Obama from Marines, the report said.

Aaron Belkin, a professor of political science at the University of California who studies the military, told the Center for Responsive Politics the report was "shocking."

He said it represents "a tremendous shift from 2000, when the military vote almost certainly was decisive in Florida and elsewhere, and leaned heavily towards the Republicans."

Copyright 2008 by United Press International

Edie

srkruzich

LOL uhmm 60k out of 3 million servicemen, thats not even a drop in the bucket. 
IF you haven't noticed most servicemen do not support obama.  They dread the day he gets elected cause they know as soon as he is elected, he will decimate the military again like clinton did. 
Its a democrat SOP.

First they cut the mens pay and benefits then start reducing the number of servicemen.  Before long were in the same boat we were in on 9/11 without a military to defend us
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Warph

Good God a'mighty..... where did you dig that one up from, SDM.  This must of come from the UPI funny paper page.  I know the Military and Obama is a weak-kneed, mealy mouthed SOB according to most of them.  That is a fact! 

srkruzich is right on! 
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

sixdogsmom

Is it true that we have 100,000 enlisted and 100,000 contract military in Iraq?
Edie

srkruzich

Quote from: sixdogsmom on August 19, 2008, 09:45:32 AM
Is it true that we have 100,000 enlisted and 100,000 contract military in Iraq?
I don't know.  Last i heard we had 160,000 enlisted and i don't keep up with the contract military.  Shrug. 
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk