Vote For President.

Started by Teresa, August 17, 2008, 11:55:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teresa

After a careful review of the options for the up-coming election:  I HAVE DECIDED TO BECOME A WRITE-IN CANDIDATE.  HERE IS MY PLATFORM:

(1) Press 1 for English is immediately banned.  English is the official language. Speak it or wait at the border until you can.

(2) We will immediately go into a two-year isolationist posture to straighten out the country's attitude. NO imports, no exports.  We will use the 'WalMart' policy: 'If we ain't got it, you don't need it.' 

(3) When imports are allowed, there will be a 100% import tax on it.

(4) All retired military personnel will be required to man one of our many observation towers on the southern border.  (Six month tour) They will be under strict orders not to fire on SOUTHBOUND aliens.

(5) Social Security will immediately return to its original state.  If you didn't put nuttin' in, you ain't getting' nuttin' out.  Neither the president nor any other politician will be able to touch it.

(6) Welfare - Checks will be handed out on Fridays at the end of the 40 hour work week and the successful completion of urinalysis.

(7) Crime - We will adopt the Turkish method: The first time you steal, you lose your right hand.  There will be no more life sentences -- if you are convicted of a Capitol Offense, you will be put to death by the same method you chose for your victim, gun, knife, strangulation, etc.

(9) One export will be allowed - Wheat -- The world needs to eat.  A bushel of wheat will be the exact price of a barrel of oil.

(10) All foreign aid using American taxpayer money will immediately cease, and the saved money will pay off the national debt and ultimately lower taxes.  When disasters occur around the world, we'll ask the American people if they want to donate to a disaster fund, and each citizen can make the decision whether it's a worthy cause.

(11) The Pledge of Allegiance will be said every day at school and every day in Congress -- right after a prayer to God.

(12) The National Anthem will be played at all appropriate ceremonies, sporting events, outings, etc.

Sorry if I stepped on anyone's toes, but a vote for me will get you better than what you have.... and better than what you're gonna get.

:)
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

flo

TERESA FOR PRESIDENT, TERESA FOR PRESIDENT, TERESA FOR PRESIDENT.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Diane Amberg

What! I won't be able to get my beloved pickled onions? Boo, boo!  Seriously though, a lot of  meds are produced overseas and there would be no reeds for all those woodwinds either. Be careful. I could see renegotiating some of our trade agreements, but not just eliminating them. I better stock up on coffee, tea and bananas right quick too! I like some of your ideas but can't support them all. Even social security isn't that simple...what about aid for dependent children?  Food programs? How about families who are working, but have huge medical bills because of kids with extremely expensive disabilities? I have a friend who had triplets. One is totally "normal," one is partially sighted and the other is blind. They are all grown up now and doing well, but the family would have never made it without financial help from our Government. It didn't help when the husband bailed out when the kids were little.

Teresa

How about families who are working, but have huge medical bills because of kids with extremely expensive disabilities?

Well if everything..including the hospitals wasn't so overly government regulated.. and the insurance company's weren't using the medical field as one of their scam get rich games... people that worked could afford to pay their medical bills.

sixdogsmom

And if we did not have regulations, some greedy person would try to feed poison to our pets and label it as good food. Then they would do the same to us. It goes on and on.
Edie

Teresa

I'm not saying ALL regulations are bad.. but if you don't see the scam of what is going on in the hospitals ( which are skyrocketing the costs)  ... then you need glasses.

sixdogsmom

I already wear glasses thank you, and yes there is waste in any government program. Unfortunately oversight isn't what it should be. But if the government were not involved, no hospital would do treatment of a child with a rare disorder as they lose money. Hospitals only sponser things that are profitable, just as drug companies only want to develop drugs that are profitable. It is the government however that requires them to accept these rare patients and the drug companies to develop the needed drugs.
Edie

pam

It's not the government who requires them to treat people the HYPOCRATIC oath does! It's about time we got back to that and told the bean counters you can't put a bottom line on peoples lives. When they turned hospitals into corporations is when medical treatment got too expensive for the average person. When doctors got more worried about what country club they belonged to than taking care of sick people whether they had money or not. Medicine should not be a business more than a calling. It's a sad statement that the government has to force somebody to do what they took an oath to do.  Oops, pet peeve :-[ (deep breath....go ooooommmmm)
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

Teresa

One of my friends was an RN nurse.. and a darned good one. LOVED her work because she loved to heal and take care of sick people. She quit 2 years ago. Flat out told me that the insurance company's and the high finance corporations were running the show. She said Drs. can't doctor.. Nurses can't nurse..without every diagnosis being over ridden or questioned by the big business insurance and government.
They actually had a man die because the insurance company said that he didn't need a procedure that the Dr. said he did.
She told me it was so covered up that it would be impossible to press charges..
That is when she decided she wanted no part of it anymore.

Teresa

And besides.. my original  post was............. Weeelll you know... it was just a round about way to get people to vote for me.. THEN the truth will all come out and I can flip flop back and forth while I am sipping Margarettas on my big boat.. ;D

Hey.. it works for everyone else..  :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk