WHO PAYS THE MOST INDIVIDUAL INCOME TAXES

Started by frawin, August 14, 2008, 12:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frawin

Reads this and don't fall for the political untruths or inuendos that the Democrats are trying to tell you.

srkruzich

Quote from: frawin on August 14, 2008, 12:17:18 PM
Reads this and don't fall for the political untruths or inuendos that the Democrats are trying to tell you.

Thats simple, the ones who pay the most are the richest of the rich.  The top 5% of the top income brackets pay over 50% of all income taxes out there. 
The other 50% are paid by middle class.  The ones below 38k don't pay any tax.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

sixdogsmom

And the rate is almost two to one for the lower income brackets. That is, the richer you are, the less rate you are taxed.
Edie

srkruzich

Quote from: sixdogsmom on August 14, 2008, 01:05:19 PM
And the rate is almost two to one for the lower income brackets. That is, the richer you are, the less rate you are taxed.
??
so what, the rich cover 50% + of the tax burden.  And no the rich pay somewhere in the realms of 50% + taxes on profits. IN fact when i was working, i made the mistake of making 120k one year and ended up taking home 68k after taxes.  My taxes were 35% plus something like 25% state.  It only goes higher as you earn more money.

Then you have the ajusted something or another tax to catch ya if you manage to fall in between a certain income. 

Why should anyone pay out more tax than others??

Like i said before eliminate all taxes and implement a consumption tax. that will solve the fairness problem. 

Wilma

I refer you to the Social Security thread.  The information I put there is right from the 2007 tax charts.  Plainly, the more taxable income you have, the higher the tax rate.  According to the tax chart, 35% is the highest rate.

srkruzich

Quote from: Wilma on August 15, 2008, 07:44:35 AM
I refer you to the Social Security thread.  The information I put there is right from the 2007 tax charts.  Plainly, the more taxable income you have, the higher the tax rate.  According to the tax chart, 35% is the highest rate.

Your right on the fed level, add to it the state taxes then your talking 50% + It can go even higher if you figure in special taxes like the AMT tax.  Those nail us hard if we happen to fall within its clutches.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk