What's on your grocery list?

Started by Tobina+1, August 14, 2008, 11:41:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

srkruzich

Quote from: sixdogsmom on August 14, 2008, 01:16:50 PM
Steve, they have Aldis in Bartlesville also, a little bit closer than Wichita.

OHhh how far is that?

And is it a big town?  I don't drive in big towns :P
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

srkruzich

Quote from: Devyn-Leann on August 14, 2008, 02:42:03 PM

I bought Billy's razor blades from Family Markey last week and nearly cried when I saw the price. $21.76 for Gillette Mach something or other. I didn't feel so bad after his mother told me they cost close to the same at Dillon's. Needless to say, he will be switching razor's as soon as we can find something to suit his sensitive skin.

|Uhmm before i would pay that much for razor blades, i would quit shaving

W. Gray

A lot of men consider those Gillette blades a shaving revolution, including myself.

The Mach 3 has three blades mounted in the same cartridge so that you are shaving with three blade edges at the same time. These are not the normal size razor blade but three small mini blades mounted very closely together in a self contained cartridge.

The Fusion is an improvement and has five blades mounted in the same cartridge.

While five may sound like overkill, I can tell the difference between three and five blades.

It is almost a pleasure to shave nowadays.

Gillette has acknowledged they are charging a premium of something like 30%.

"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

greatguns

Mach 3 costs more but they last much longer.  If you think you're saving money at Dillons, you sure aren't going to the one in Augusta.

indygal

A Batson's dream list, eh? OK!

Splenda in the large bag (we go through one a month)
Millstone coffee (French roast ...woo hoo!) either whole bean or with a grinder
Tyson Southern-style breast fillets or patties
Bob Evans ground sausage (if you haven't tried this, it's wonderful!)
French bread
Murphy's Oil Soap (although Cookson's may carry it ... I haven't needed any lately)
Simply Jif peanut butter
Low-Sodium V-8 in individual serving size

Ah...but here's the piece-de-resistance: Batson's is the ONLY store I've been to in Kansas in the last 8 years that I've been able to find Totino's sausage pizza. Also, last winter, when we were still commuting, my skin was so dry I couldn't stand it, so I bought a bottle of Jergen's lotion...first time I'd used it in years, and I have to say it's now a favorite. Finally, I've recently re-started wearing contacts and my lenses require a special cleanser, which Julie special ordered and will keep an extra bottle on hand for me. So I do thank you, Julie and PEP!!!! You guys are awesome.

greatguns

My grocery list:

Flour                                                Potaoes
Sugar                                               Bread
Yeast on occasion                              Butter
Baking Powder                                   Margarine
Milk                                                 Cocoa
Vegetables (canned or fresh)              Ground Pepper
Fruit (canned or fresh)                       Maybe some meat
Powdered Sugar
Milk
Shortening

Gosh!!!!!!! Family Market has it all.

Jody

Ihope you remember how licky you are to have it !

Buy everything you can there.  Remember what Rudy said about saying I canbuy it cheaper at ---------!

srkruzich

Quote from: greatguns on August 14, 2008, 07:55:34 PM
Mach 3 costs more but they last much longer.  If you think you're saving money at Dillons, you sure aren't going to the one in Augusta.
LOL i can't affod dillons either. which is kroger stores. :(  They are high.

What really bites is i usually only have maybe 100 dollars a month left to buy groceries for the month.  So prices are a big deal.  I can get much more other places including the gaas to get there than i can here locally. Now sometimes they get a good deal there.  But one big thing that i can't do is buy in bulk on items i use through the month at batsons.  I can at aldies, or even sams if i get to go there.

greatguns

Steve, you need to get to canning those gookies from your garden.

srkruzich

Quote from: greatguns on August 14, 2008, 08:49:17 PM
Steve, you need to get to canning those gookies from your garden.

i was trying to this year but i never could get any jars.  :( 
I dried some green beans and am drying my tomatos and pretty much eating what okra i can out of what i pick but will end up tossing most of it to the chickens i guess. 

Heck the okra is the only thing that survived these bugs out here
They razed everything but the okra.

I don't use sevin as my stuff is organically grown.

IF i can get my garden tilled again soon, which i doubt due to rain :( i'll plant a fall garden.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk