What's on your grocery list?

Started by Tobina+1, August 14, 2008, 11:41:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tobina+1

OK, since we have PEP's undivided attention (as well as his "keeper" who lurks on here to keep track of him)...
I thought I'd like to start a thread about what's on my grocery list that I cannot get at Family Market and must go to the dreaded W* store to purchase (or Dillons)...  Maybe the powers-that-be might take these items into account (within reason) as they expand the Family Market dynasty.

Silk Chocolate Milk (the big one)
Lactaid Milk 1%
Hamburger and Hotdog buns other than just Thursdays
Frozen yogurt ice cream (or put this in the soda fountain/ice cream shoppe)
Baked Lays (BBQ)
Vanilla coffee creamer - liquid - Coffee Mate, Fat Free

srkruzich

Quote from: Tobina on August 14, 2008, 11:41:44 AM
OK, since we have PEP's undivided attention (as well as his "keeper" who lurks on here to keep track of him)...
I thought I'd like to start a thread about what's on my grocery list that I cannot get at Family Market and must go to the dreaded W* store to purchase (or Dillons)...  Maybe the powers-that-be might take these items into account (within reason) as they expand the Family Market dynasty.

Silk Chocolate Milk (the big one)
Lactaid Milk 1%
Hamburger and Hotdog buns other than just Thursdays
Frozen yogurt ice cream (or put this in the soda fountain/ice cream shoppe)
Baked Lays (BBQ)
Vanilla coffee creamer - liquid - Coffee Mate, Fat Free

LOL i can't afford to buy groceries. 
Prices are far too high at family market for me to shop there. I just have to go once a month to wichita and get a months supply at a time at aldies or some other cheaper stores.  Walmart isn't so cheap anymore. :(

Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

sixdogsmom

Steve, they have Aldis in Bartlesville also, a little bit closer than Wichita.
Edie

Devyn-Leann

I buy everything from Family Market. What I can't get there, I get at Dillion's where they will take double coupons as well as expired ones.

The only thing I buy from WalMart is fabric, and even now it's getting so high that I can get it on ebay much cheaper. I did buy plants there last month because they were all on clearance and I wanted to plant a rosebush in memory of my step-father. I also buy my shampoo from WalMart, Infusium 23 because Family Market does not carry it.

I bought Billy's razor blades from Family Markey last week and nearly cried when I saw the price. $21.76 for Gillette Mach something or other. I didn't feel so bad after his mother told me they cost close to the same at Dillon's. Needless to say, he will be switching razor's as soon as we can find something to suit his sensitive skin.

flo

I have shopped the big W (get my exercise just looking for what I want, Dillons, Aldi's (make sure you have a quarter for your cart and take your sacks), all those places.  The prices at Family Market are comparable, especially with the fuel prices and time involved to go somewhere else.  As for frozen yogurt, I have bought it at Family Market.  I understand that they cannot carry each and every item that is everyone's own special preferance.  If you have to buy in lots, and it doesn't all sell, then that is a lost money item for the store.  It is locally owned and operated and they can't stand a lot of that.  As it is, I am sure they have fresh produce and etc. that spoils before it sells.  Personally I like shopping here.  Can usually find what I want and if I have to buy another brand, I do.  I have never had an "Our Family" item that was poor quality.  I prefer Duncan Hines cake mixes, especially when I am making a decorated cake for a special order.  Simply because that is what I always used.  I can't get them here so me and Betty Crocker are forming a relationship.  As for Aldi's, their canned veggies are mostly alright and soups are okay for casseroles but forget their coffee, soaps, paper products, and most anything else they have.  YUK .  Thanks but no thanks.  I WILL SHOP MY HOMETOWN GROCERY.  You quit buying here, and there goes the convenience of shopping at home. Plus, I like the friendly service you get at home.  ;D
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Joanna

Quote from: Tobina on August 14, 2008, 11:41:44 AM
...Frozen yogurt ice cream (or put this in the soda fountain/ice cream shoppe)...

Oh!  My favorite!  Now I'm going to be thinking about it all afternoon!

Quote from: Devyn-Leann on August 14, 2008, 02:42:03 PMI bought Billy's razor blades from Family Markey last week and nearly cried when I saw the price. $21.76 for Gillette Mach something or other...

Good luck with that DL.  That's the normal price for the Mach 3 blades, and that's what we use.  We've tried several others to see how they work, but nothing is as easy on the skin ~ at least not that I've found.  If you discover something, I'd appreciate it if you let me know! :)

Quote from: flo on August 14, 2008, 02:46:29 PM
...The prices at Family Market are comparable, especially with the fuel prices and time involved to go somewhere else.  ....   I WILL SHOP MY HOMETOWN GROCERY.  You quit buying here, and there goes the convenience of shopping at home. Plus, I like the friendly service you get at home.  ;D

All good thought Flo!  The prices really are more comparable that you might think, and it's so much easier to get things, run home & put groceries away without devoting a whole day to it!  If I'm going out of town, I want it to be a fun trip; not hours fighting crowds, unhelpful employees and ginormous parking lots.
So far, the only Our Family thing I didn't care for was the black olives, and I just get the name brand.

I can't think of anything right now I can't find at Family Market, except maybe a wild rice mix that I especially like...  and of course I always want some fresh vegetable that is out of season...  it's how my mind works.
I miss stuff off and on, but generally can find most of what I need.  I"m going up later today to see if they have ginger ale though, need some for a punch recipe for a baby shower on Saturday.

pam

When we still lived up there I did a lot of my grocery shoppin at Morrows just cause I knew if the grocery store went under everybody else wouldn't last long either :P Sure enough. The meat was a lot better than you got anywhere else too.
    We live so far from town now tho that there isn't any hometown store lol. So I just go where the best deals are cause it's gonna be at least a 35 mile round trip no matter where I go :P So support em if you got em cause you sure miss em when ya don't!
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

Lookatmeknow!!

I do all my shopping here in town.  Very few times in the last year have I ever bought out of town groceries.  If I do, the dollar store or G and W and that other Eureka store.  But it was just a few things that I needed and nothing that I couldn't get here.  I just happened to be there and picked somethings up.  As for Walmart, I am not sure when the last time I went there was.  I bought all the girls school supplies here in town, they didn't need any new clothes for school (they have tons of clothes), and we are on a budget.  With the trips that we had to make the past months to Wichita, we can't afford to spend any more money on gas than needed.  And I will be one to say that I love the store here.  If they don't have something, just ask, they might be able to get it.  And they are really friendly.  Ok, just don't have PEP check you out, (HaHa)!!  No, we, Elk county are very lucky to have the Family Market.  I love it!!!
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

Tobina+1

I do love Batson's, too.  So that's the point of this thread... to give them suggestions for food or non-food items that they might consider carrying to help us be able to shop there even more!

flo

::) ::) Oh, Okay, Duncan Hines cake mixes then.  ;D
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk