JACOT, Lois Charlene (Winn) - b. August 15, 1934 - d. August 7, 2008

Started by frawin, August 08, 2008, 07:38:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frawin

Full obit  later

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

L. Charlene (Winn) Jacot   
MOLINE - Jacot, L. Charlene (Winn), 73, retired nurse aide, died on Thursday, August 7, 2008. Funeral services will be held at 1:30 p.m. on Monday, August 11, 2008, at the Zimmerman Funeral Home in Howard. 

Today's Wichita Eagle death notices 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jo McDonald

Fred and I extend our deepest sympathy to you, Frank and Myrna,  and David, for the loss of another member of your family.

May your find comfort in knowing you are in our thoughts and prayers.

Jo and Fred
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

dnalexander

It has been a been a bad year for our family. Your thoughts and prayers do help. I belive my Aunt Char is in a more peaceful place that she will find comfort in.
David

Catwoman

Frank and David, please accept my most heartfelt sorrow on the passing of Charlene.  I always liked her...she was such a unique spirit.  She never failed to make me smile.  The world is a poorer place after losing her.

Ole Granny

Dear Frank and Myrna,

So sorry to hear about Charlene's passing.  Our family shared many grand times with Marion and Charlene.  Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Love, Alice and family
"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

Diane Amberg

patyrn

Lois Charlene (Winn) Jacot, 73, formerly of Moline, Kansas, died August 7, 2008 at the Caney Nursing Center in Caney, Kansas.

Charlene was born on August 15, 1934 at Howard, Kansas to Lester Frank and Genevieve (Cox) Winn.  She attended school and grew up in the Howard community.  

On December 30, 1954, she married Marion Eugene Jacot at Howard, Kansas.  Charlene was a dedicated wife and mother and made a home for her family in the Moline, Kansas community.  She was employed for many years as a nurse's aide at Elk Manor Nursing Home at Moline.  She was a member of Ladonia Chapter 243 Order of Eastern Star in Howard and the American Legion Auxiliary of Ferguson-Spease Post 388 in Moline.  

Her husband, Marion, died February 9, 1997.  She is survived by her daughters, Beth Everett of Moline, Kansas and Marjorie Riggin of Parsons, Kansas; a son Jason Jacot of Fredonia, Kansas; her brothers, Dwight Winn and Bob Winn of Howard, Kansas and Frank Winn of Bartlesville, Oklahoma; her sisters, Phyllis Davis of Deer Creek, Oklahoma, Myrna Herbinaux of Escondido, California, and Shirly Maidt of Winfield, Kansas; and six grandchildren.

Services will be at 1:30 p.m. on Monday, August 11, 2008 at Zimmerman Funeral Home in Howard, Kansas.  Pastor Robin Haines will officiate.  Burial will be in Moline Cemetery.  Visitation will be from 5:00 to 8:00 on Sunday, August 10, 2008 at the funeral home.

A memorial has been established with the Moline Rodeo Association.  Contributions may be left with the funeral home.

(published in the Winfield Daily Courier, 8/9/2008)

dnalexander

Thank you to everyone for your thoughts and prayers. Patyrn thanks for the clip from the Winfield paper.

David

dnalexander

For all my family members that find this genealogical information  I add my Uncle Jacot's  information. For posterity I tell my cousins Beth Ann and Marjorie (Marjie) the time we spent together as kids means so much to me. This forum has much of our family history and is a great source for our future generations to remember us. If this forum were to die this info would be cached for a long time on google and other websites. It will be printed out by our family,  siblings , kids, family friends, added to genealogy sites and expanded into history long after our generation has died. To make it just a little easier for our future generations I add your dad my Uncle Jacot's obituary.

Marion Jacot
MOLINE - Marion Eugene Jacot, 66, of Moline, died Feb. 9, 1997, at Jane Phillips Medical Center in Bartlesville, Okla.
Services will be held at 2 p.m. Wednesday in the Moline United Methodist Church. The Rev. Larry Bowyer will officiate. Military rites will be conducted by the Moline American Legion post in Moline Cemetery.
Memorials have been established with the Moline United Methodist Church and the Center for Basic Cancer Research at Kansas State University.
Zimmerman Funeral Home of Howard is in charge of arrangements.
Jacot was born Sept. 27, 1930, in Chautauqua County to Floyd Arnold and Clara Violet (Gruben) Jacot. He attended Center rural school and graduated from Moline High School in 1948.
After being employed in construction work, Jacot served with the U.S. Navy, including the Korean Conflict, from 1950 to 1954.
On Dec. 30, 1954, he married Lois Charlene Winn in Howard.
Jacot became a laboratory technician for the state highway department in 1954 and remained in that position until his retirement. He also raised cattle and devoted much of his life to ranching.
Jacot was a member of Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 1186 in Independence and was a former commander of Ferguson Spease American Legion Post in Moline. He served 20 years on the board of directors of Rural Water District 1 in Elk County and was a member of the Moline United Methodist Church.
Survivors include his wife, Charlene Jacot, and a son, Jason Jacot, both of Moline; two daughters, Beth Moore, Moline, and Marge Riggin, Parsons; two brothers, Leland Jacot, Happy Jack, Ariz., and Paul Jacot, Moline; two sisters, Marge Trayer, Cottonwood Falls, and Marilyn Powers, Derby; and three grandchildren.

sixdogsmom

David, I was only slightly acquainted with your Aunt and Uncle, but I add my condolences. I am sorry for your loss, Edie.
Edie

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk