Are You A Rebel Or A Yankee?

Started by Warph, August 12, 2008, 08:41:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

To find out how much Southern blood your speech shows, simply choose the words you use below, then press "Compute My Score!" at the end.  alphaDictionary will compute your score and tell you where you're coming from: are y'all speaking Bubbaese or are youse guys Yankee Doodle Dandies? The higher your score, the deeper from the South you are coming. The test is based on research by the Harvard Computer Society enhanced by Dr. Beard's own research here at alphaDictionary.

http://www.alphadictionary.com/articles/yankeetest.html

The Advanced Rebel-Yankee Test! 20 more questions that delve even more deeply into the variations in American speech. The new test is based on comments and suggestions made by the 3000 people who wrote us about the first test. We hope this test incorporates your favorite accent feature.
To find out how much Southern blood your speech shows, simply choose the words below that you or the people in your region use, then press "Compute My Score!" at the end. alphaDictionary will tell you where you're coming from and how much of the Yankee or Southerner is in you. As with the beginner's test, the higher your score, the deeper from the South you are coming.

http://www.alphadictionary.com/articles/yankeetest_advanced.html

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

archeobabe

I took the test and I am a Rebel.

dnalexander

46% Dixie. Barely in Yankeedom. Sounds just about right being from the midwest (Missouri\Kansas)

David

srkruzich

uhmm 100% dixie, what else would ah be ;)
:D

Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Diane Amberg

48% Dixie in one and 46% Dixie in the other... Just a bit over the Yankee edge. Yup, that's me alright.

pam

74% dixie on one 79% dixie on the other one  8)
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

Teresa

My scores...... :)

63% Dixie.Well  under the Mason-Dixon Line

84% Dixie.  Do you still use Confederate money?

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

flo

Teresa, reckon we're long lost cousins?  I scored 60% Dixie and 84% Dixie
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Catwoman

Hmmm....only 39% Dixie on the first and 36% Dixie on the second...I knew I was an unrepenting Northerner (albeit a lifelong Kansan) but this was an eye-opener! 

heather_tyler_2014

catwomen, :o you mean (cateye-opener) lol  ;D
Sword with a double edged blade...it'll cut you either way.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk