courthouse music

Started by indygal, August 09, 2008, 09:18:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

indygal

I'll go out on a limb here and ask out aloud...am I the only person who can't figure out what 80 percent of the songs are that play after the clock chimes the time? I don't even know the name of the one that plays before the clock chimes! Likely a hymn, but not one I've ever heard.

So far, I've been able to recognize:
-- Nellie Bly
-- Let Me Entertain You
-- The Wedding March
-- Let It Snow, Let It Snow (in August???)
-- The Caissons Go Rolling Along

To my ear, some sound like the Phantom of the Opera has broken into the clock tower and is pecking out some very strange melodies. It's become a game to see if I recognize the song when it starts playing....hey, maybe that could be a community contest: Name That Tune! If you can name all songs played during the course of one day's chiming, you win a prize or get to choose the next day's songs.

heather_tyler_2014

hey i like that idea  bet i could win
Sword with a double edged blade...it'll cut you either way.

Mom70x7

Heather -

How many of those songs posted by indygal do you know?  ???  :D

pepelect

Will there be money involved?   I bet I can name everyone.

Mom70x7

Yeah, but you're one of the "old" people - I'd expect you to know them.  ;D   ;D

Heather's a young-un, so I'm curious how far back her music goes.  :D

heather_tyler_2014

3-5 is not bad -let me entertain you
                    -the wedding march
                    - and let it snow  let it snow ....(in august lol)
Sword with a double edged blade...it'll cut you either way.

Diane Amberg

"Let It Snow" is to help you think cool thoughts.

bowie boy

are you kidding me there is around 80 diffrent tunes all the way the the noter dame victory march (West elk school song) to as you said Let it Snow(in august)!!! ;D
''If guns kill people, I can blame misspelled words on my pencil'' - Larry The Cable Guy

pepelect

Each one is hand picked to represent a member of the local public.  Just adopt a song as your own and it will be yours.   If you don't hear it you probably didn't wave at someone on Washington, we have installed sensors and a camera.......but wouldn't that be cool.  You could watch the bustling of downtown from cyberspace.

bowie boy

are you kidding me i've allready google mapped howard many of times
''If guns kill people, I can blame misspelled words on my pencil'' - Larry The Cable Guy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk