sirens on the fritz?

Started by indygal, August 09, 2008, 09:11:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aamiller321

Quote from: heather_tyler_2014 on August 16, 2008, 03:26:18 PM
ok so we have fire and wat no siren's ??? hmmmm maybe the "fritz" we had the other day ??? lol
Umm excuse me but, WHAT?  ???
The day that you don't enjoy running around like a kid is the day you begin to die.

flo

:-[ thanks, I was afraid to ask, myself
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Diane Amberg

Perhaps she thought there was a fire but the siren was on the fritz again and either didn't blow or sounded weird.

DolphinsLEM

I think what Heather is referring to is either Friday or Saturday (can't remember the exact day) there were a lot of sirens heard (I'm not sure what happened) but I don't remember hearing the actual siren that lets you know there is a fire.  So maybe this is what she is referring to?

flo

then again Heather could get on here and tell us what she meant when she made that comment then we wouldn't have to "guess" what she "maybe" meant.  Sounded to me like she was saying there was a fire but no siren to blow to let people know.  see? I'm just guessing too.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

heather_tyler_2014

sorry people havent been on for a while so i didn't get to anser you, we had a barn fire out in the country and the siren's didn't go off so i was just saying no need to worry over it
Sword with a double edged blade...it'll cut you either way.

Wilma

I don't think the siren sounds for fires in the country.  Someone, does it?

Jane

We were setting in the back yard when the siren sounded one time. I was told that was to let them know it was a fire in the county. It was a barn fire and they had to pull out the bales that were not on fire. That is why there were so many firetrucks.
Army Mom

pepelect

Friday the siren was a test.  The control system and wiring to the siren on the water has been totally replaced.   The siren was set off to test the new system.  It worked flawlessly....I hope we have killed the duck....

On another note the fire, civil, and tornado sirens should be put an a battery/generator backup system.  If and when an event happens the electrical system will be the first to go.  The sheriff's office is on a gen set backup.  There is a system set up for the water system.. But the sirens are at the will and availability of the electrical flow from Westar.   The Siren mounted on the pole by the Pool doesn't have a backup nor does the water tower siren.   All three are electrical motors that turn to mechanically make noise.  This takes a lot electricity while it is sounding but not anyother time. 

They make sirens that are totally electronic now that only take a small amount of electricity to operate.  They can be set up on battery or generator.  They can be located anywhere with electricity available or not.   

My biggest concern with the civil defence siren is that if you are in the high school building you can not hear the sirens.  I think there should be one either incorporated with the intercom system for every room or better yet put a siren out by the school.  It has the highest concentration of people in the county but it has no alarm.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk