W-A-A-A-A-A-H!

Started by Wilma, November 22, 2008, 09:47:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

W-A-A-A-A-A-H!!!!!  Nobody has entertained me all day.  Where is everybody? :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

sixdogsmom

I went turkey hunting Wilma! I found two nice ten pounders at Marvins' supermarket in Independence. I did see a truckload of deer hunters at McDonalds', they had three deer in the back of their pickup. I browsed at Dollar General for junk food, and ended the trip with milk purchased at Braums. A busy full day, nice drive through the countryside. I need to spend tomorrow getting the house buttoned up for the really cold stuff coming. The ten day forecast here says snow next Sunday. I think I am ready for it, might as well it's coming whether I am ready for it or not. Sorry we were not on duty; is that AWOL?  ;D ;D
Edie

Wilma

I forgive you.  You were taking care of necessities, but I did miss you.

S-S

Mmmmm, Braums!

Yesterday my mother and I drove to Elk Falls for the outhouse tour. Sadly, we weren't impressed with the outhouses this year - there weren't many. There was a huge crowd though. Then, we made our way back to Moline to the Mills Feed & Supply Open House. They also had quite a crowd, the new building is beautiful.

Yesterday evening I brought in my NEW Christmas tree. It was so heavy that I had to drag it across the yard and I'm sure I looked like a nut. Once I got it inside, I had a dilemma...It's so big, there's no way I could store it in the closet or the office. Sooo...I just had to put it up. The grinch who lives with me wasn't very happy. He'll get over it. It's 7ft. tall and it won't fit in front of my windows, which saddens me but it's still soooo pretty.

Then, to end the evening...We had chicken stew and biscuits for dinner. I went out to shut the chickens up and gather the eggs. There were only 3, and they were very light in color. What's going on with that?

Wilma

Your hens are still very young and their laying schedule isn't fully established.  As to the color, I take it you mean the shell, I don't have an answer.  It might just be that it is still adjusting.  I don't know if what they eat affects the color of the shell or not.  I do know that what they eat affects the color of the yolk.

S-S

Billy said they were turning white because it was so cold outside. Like he's a big chicken expert.

bfrankjack

Well, Wilma not much excitement over in this part of Elk Co.  Went to the service for Mable Rogers, Stopped by Mills Grand Opening, Came home and side trimmed hidge and a few Red Cedars out of a fence line, then normal feeding/chores!
Beautiful Day in God's Country (-: 
Proverbs 14:23
All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty.

Catwoman

I was so sorry to hear of Mabel's passing...she was a good friend to me.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk