Cap Guns & kids.

Started by Teresa, August 07, 2008, 01:35:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teresa

Excellent posts.. from everyone..  :)
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Teresa

These People are supporting very Strong Gun control

They forgot to add: " I'm Barack Obama, and I support this message, because I care about America." :P

sixdogsmom

I cannot help but wonder what would be the response had the little boy wanted a baby doll rather than a cap cun?
Edie

Teresa

I know. I have seen the exact same thing when that occurs.
To me.. he should be able to have the baby doll. What does it hurt? This little boy was only about 4.

We expect men to have an instant love of kids and to grow up and be good fathers.. but don't allow them ( as little boys)  to show any kind of emotion towards anything but bats and balls, guns and trucks..then it is just "big boy ' emotions.
I don''t think it hurts little boys to play with all kinds of toys.. And little girls to play with all kinds of boy toys.
( but it is way more accepted for girls to have trucks than it is for boys to have dolls. )

Mason loves to grab up Ashleys baby dolls and hold and carry them around. He just squeezes and hugs the fire out of them too. . :)l
He prefers his trucks and blocks and magnets.( kid is crazy about all his magnets) but Derek and Rochelle certainly don't stop him from playing with Ash's babys.

What is your take on it?

Wilma

Nothing to worry about.  He is doing what his sister does because he admires her.  He has also probably seen his daddy admire the dolls because little girls have a way of asking for Daddy's approval.  He will probably also go through a phase of wanting to wear her clothes or try out makeup because that is what big sister does and he thinks she is just about the most precious person on earth.

What could go wrong is denying him the pleasure of thinking his sister is perfect.

sixdogsmom

Somewhere I have a poem stashed away entitled Williams' Doll. It encompasses this to a tee, and if I have time, I will try to dig it out. Wilma you are right on, how can a little boy learn to cuddle a baby without practice? And Teresa you are right on also.
Edie

flo

my opinion? Let kids be kids.  Nothing wrong with a little boy carrying around and hugging a baby doll.  He is showing love and caring, things he likes his mommy and daddy to do to him.  I never had boys, but have grandsons and great grandsons.  To my knowledge none of them have ever been reprimanded for playing with "girl" toys.  Toys are just that, toys.  Share and share alike, be it dolls, trucks, jumping ropes or story books.  Don't clutter their little minds with "boys don't play with that, that's for girls" and visa versa. 
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Roma Jean Turner

I grew up back and forth between two households, both of which had guns hanging in the gun racks on the wall. I knew they were not for me to play with.  I had my own guns to play with.  I still fondly remember my guns and holsters, water guns, bb gun and various toy rifles.  I would wear them today except I am already considered eccentric enough. :laugh: :laugh:

srkruzich

Quote from: sixdogsmom on August 15, 2008, 08:47:40 PM
I cannot help but wonder what would be the response had the little boy wanted a baby doll rather than a cap cun?

Gotta say i have two big tough as nails, manly men Marines that turn to absolute mush when they hold a baby or small child in their arms.  Shrug.  Whats the problem with it?   They didn't have dolls around much since i have mostly boys.  But i made sure they got to hold babies, and small chldren. Best birth control in the world :) 
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Teresa

Roma.. you could strap those guns and holsters on when you ride your bike marathons...  ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk