Cap Guns & kids.

Started by Teresa, August 07, 2008, 01:35:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mtcookson

I think actually the number of gun owners is closer to 130-140 million (NRA says nearly half the population) and the number of accidental gun deaths per year is less. I know in 1999 there were right over 800 accidental gun deaths.

sixdogsmom

How many deaths on purpose?
Edie

srkruzich

Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

pam

Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

Wilma

pam

I figured that's what she meant, lol. Just don't get the point I guess.
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

srkruzich

Quote from: Wilma on August 14, 2008, 07:42:35 PM
Murders.
well if there were murders then the person that got murdered should have had a gun.  :) that would have evened the odds.
The simple fact is that If the murderer didn't have a gun, they would have used a knife, or a chainsaw, or any other tool out there that would do the job.  Heck they might have even used a baseball bat to beat them to death like they did to my son!
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

sixdogsmom

I was curious about the number of murders with a gun last year. Does anyone have a figure?
Edie

pam

According to the Justice Department site the percentage murders done with guns in 2006 which is the newest I could find was between 59.6 and 69.7% Next was unknown/other dangerous weapons followed by knives/other cutting weapons. The newest murder rates period I could find were approx. 5.6 per 100,000 people Total gun murders in 2006 were 10,177 out of 14,990 Here's the address of the site http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/cius2006/offenses/expanded_information/homicide.html

I still want my gun, at least if I'm goin down they are gonna go with me and my family will be protected.
William Butler Yeats

Diane Amberg

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not anti gun by any means, but police officers are all armed and they are still shot in the line of duty. Every crook knows they are armed and it doesn't seem to matter. Is being armed really a deterrent in the areas where people  solve their problems with weapons?  This is mostly in bad areas of big cities of course. I've never heard of an officer being stabbed to death, or beaten to death.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk