Who in the World is Obama|McCain's VP ? Take Your best guess on Both.

Started by dnalexander, August 22, 2008, 06:02:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dnalexander

I like Biden. Just trying to figure all the many political ramifications not who SHOULD be. I lost that when Colin Powell would not run. If Hillary could choke it down and be VP and Obama could too I think that would be their most powerful combo. Not going to happen too big of egos in politics.

David

dnalexander

Teresa

Yep...  but I thought at first he would have gone for the others.  8)

WASHINGTON - Sen. Joe Biden of Delaware is Barack Obama's pick as vice presidential running mate, The Associated Press has learned.

Biden, 65, is a veteran of more than three decades in the Senate, and one of his party's leading experts on foreign policy, an area in which polls indicate Obama needs help in his race against Republican rival John McCain.

The official who spoke did so on condition of anonymity, saying they did not want to pre-empt a text-message announcement the Obama campaign promised for Saturday morning.
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Teresa

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Catwoman

What I found interesting is that Obaminable broke his promise to reveal all yesterday afternoon...after tying up the networks, who were treading water, hoping to be the first to bring the 'big news'...Obama broke his promise...not the first one he's broken and won't be the last.  Not encouraging as far as character issues go.  Now, remember, guys...I don't like the other snake either, so don't go there.

flo

>:( well, whoop-t-dooooo - did Obama say WHAT TIME he would make his announcement.  Think he only said Saturday, and he did.  We all knew beforehand who his pick was.  Good heavens, there were enough hints if you were watching the news.  Personally I think he made a good choice because he wanted someone who would not be afraid to let him know if he was making a wrong decision and I think Biden is just the person.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Catwoman

Actually, he said that he would say who his running mate was by 2 P.M. - that was why the networks were all sitting on their hands waiting...and yes, I agree that Biden is a good choice...he brings far more to the table than the candidate and can compensate for Obama's shortcomings.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk