Sen. NObama: No..... No..... No....!

Started by Warph, August 07, 2008, 12:01:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

Barack Obama Says No To Nuclear Power, The Same Answer He Gives To Energy Solutions That Will Help Americans

OBAMA SAYS NO TO NUCLEAR POWER:  John McCain Wants To Expand Nuclear Power, But Obama Says No! 

John McCain Has Proposed Building 45 New Nuclear Plants. McCain: "So, if I am elected president, I will set this nation on a course to building 45 new reactors by the year 2030, with the ultimate goal of 100 new plants to power the homes and factories and cities of America." (Sen. John McCain, Remarks At Campaign Event, Springfield, MO, 6/18/08)

Obama Said He's "Not A Nuclear Energy Proponent."
Obama: "I start off with the premise that nuclear energy is not optimal. I am not a nuclear energy proponent." (Sen. Barack Obama, Remarks At Town Hall Event, Newton, IA, 12/30/07)

OBAMA SAYS NO TO ENERGY SOLUTIONS :   John McCain Wants To Increase Energy Independence By Allowing States To Decide If They Want To Drill Offshore, But Obama Says No And Calls It A "Scheme."

John McCain Proposed Lifting The Ban On Offshore Drilling And Letting States Decide If They Wanted To Explore And Drill For Energy.
McCain: "But I also believe that lifting the moratoria from offshore drilling or oil and natural gas exploration is something that we should place as a very high priority. And again, I don't want to dictate to the states what they should do, but I think that the states can be provided with additional incentives such as a greater share of the revenues than is presently the case." (Sen. John McCain, Remarks At Press Availability, Arlington, VA, 6/16/08)

Obama Opposes Lifting The Ban On Offshore Drilling. Obama: "Now the latest scheme is well, we're going to drill offshore." (Sen. Barack Obama, Remarks At Campaign Event, Springfield, MO, 7/30/08)

John McCain Wants Immediate Gas Tax Relief For American Families, But Obama Says No:
John McCain Proposed Immediate Gas Tax Relief For American Families. "Hard-working American families are suffering from higher gasoline prices. John McCain calls on Congress to suspend the 18.4 cent federal gas tax and 24.4 cent diesel tax from Memorial Day to Labor Day." (John McCain For President Website, www.johnmccain.com, Accessed 8/5/08)

Obama Opposes Immediate Gas Tax Relief For American Families.
Obama: "I think John McCain's proposal for a three month tax holiday is a bad idea." (Sen. Barack Obama, Remarks At Campaign Event, Blue Bell, PA, 4/21/08)

John McCain Wants To Reward American Ingenuity And Innovation For The Development Of The Next Generation Battery, But Obama Says No:

John McCain Called For A $300 Million Prize For A Next Generation Battery. McCain: "I further propose we inspire the ingenuity and resolve of the American people by offering a $300 million prize for the development of a battery package that has the size, capacity, cost and power to leapfrog the commercially available plug-in hybrids or electric cars." (Sen. John McCain, Remarks At Campaign Event, Fresno, CA, 6/23/08)

Obama Called John McCain's $300 Million Prize For A Better Battery A "Gimmick." Obama: "In this campaign, John McCain is offering the same old gimmicks that will provide almost no short-term relief to folks who are struggling with high gas prices. Gimmicks that will only increase our addiction for another four years." (Sen. Barack Obama, Remarks At Campaign Event, Las Vegas, NV, 6/24/08)
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk