HOW MUCH CHANGE DO YOU THINK WE CAN STAND?

Started by Jo McDonald, August 08, 2008, 04:15:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jo McDonald

Hey people...facts are facts!!

This has to make you think a little bit, if you can,,  if not then keep your blinders on!

George Bush has been in office of 7 1/2 years.  The first six the economy was fine.

A little over one year ago:
            1) Consumer confidence stood at a 2 1/2 year high;
            2) Regular gasoline sold for $2.19 a gallon;
            3) the unemployment rate was 4.5%.

4) the DOW JONES hit a record high--14,000 +

5) American's were buying new cars, taking cruises, vacations o'seas, living large!...

But American's wanted 'CHANGE'!   So, in 2006 they voted in a Democratic Congress & yep--we got 'CHANGE' all right. In the PAST YEAR:

1) Consumer confidence has plummeted ;
            2) Gasoline is now over $4 a gallon & climbing!;
            3) Unemployment is up to 5% (a 10% increase);

4) Americans have seen their home equity drop by $12 TRILLION DOLLARS & prices still dropping;

5) 1% of American homes are in foreclosure.

YEP , IN 2006 AMERICA VOTED FOR CHANGE!...AND WE SURE AS HELL GOT IT!!!....

NOW  OBAMA, the DEM'S CANDIDATE FOR PRESIDENT--AND THE  POLLS SAY HE'S GONNA BE 'THE MAN'--CLAIMS HE'S GONNA REALLY GIVE US CHANGE!!....

JUST HOW MUCH MORE 'CHANGE' DO YA THINK YOU CAN STAND???.....

IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

greatguns

Whatever they throw at me just as I have in the past.  The bright side is my taxes on my 401K won't hurt as bad as it would have a few years ago. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Catwoman

This country has withstood greater pressures than those we face today (the Civil War, for example...take a look at how many people lost their lives on a daily basis and the economic situation was dire during that war...it makes our present day wars look like a cakewalk).  My prime concern regarding our country today is that we've gotten so used to soft living that many people (city kitties, in particular) have forgotten the lessons of generations past...lessons on how to survive on next to nothing...lessons on how to make sacrifices (it used to be considered a moral lesson to learn to make sacrifices...now it's merely an inconvenience and an irritation).  I have to wonder...if our national infrastructure were to be disrupted (like the impeding of the flow of cheap goods from abroad), how many people 35 and under would have the skills and knowledge of how to make it?  I, for one, have been collecting antique recipes for making different cooking staples and recipes for the preserving of meats...quite a fascinating process.  I don't think I will ever need to use them...but they will make not only good reading but will also come in handy, if the situation presents itself.

Diane Amberg

I don't know how old you are, but how "antique" are your recipes? I make my own baking mixes and baking powder, always have. I still have all my Fox Fire books, freezing and canning books and still have a few of the "Mother Earth"newsletters. I tried making some string bean "leather britches" once and they were awful.! I make sun tea every third day all summer long. I guess I still am a bit of a hippie!  8) :laugh:

srkruzich

Quote from: Diane Amberg on August 09, 2008, 10:12:16 AM
I don't know how old you are, but how "antique" are your recipes? I make my own baking mixes and baking powder, always have. I still have all my Fox Fire books, freezing and canning books and still have a few of the "Mother Earth"newsletters. I tried making some string bean "leather britches" once and they were awful.! I make sun tea every third day all summer long. I guess I still am a bit of a hippie!  8) :laugh:

I have thomas jeffersons cookbook, as well as lots of recipes from the 17 and 1800's :D

Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Diane Amberg

It's fun trying to figure out the amounts and temps. on some of those old ones. Now to get back on topic, ya wouldn't want to "change" them too much! :laugh:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk