Booster Club - ideas for ways to support our students.

Started by Rhonda, July 28, 2006, 06:33:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teresa

Quote from: Jo McDonald on August 03, 2006, 01:45:00 PM
I vote for ALL STUMP CLIMBERS  AND SPEECH MAKERS
Must be in the genes!!!

Auhhhunmmmm.. not in the genes (jeans?).. I think he gets it from the skirts.. or the wearers of the skirts.. :-X
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Janet Harrington

Teresa

:D hee hee hee HA HA HA.. THAT would be a good one to see... LOL ;D

((ducking a golf club that just went sailing by my head))

Teresa

I was thinking this afternoon as I was making lasagna for supper...
Why couldn't you have a pasta buffet? That is easy to make and lots of it could be made ahead oftime.. ( like the lasagna and spagetti sauce.. and bread sticks etc..) .and during the meal and while people are eating.. have a raffle of donated items that people could have a chance of winning.

Cost could be  $12.00 per adult person. Children( age groups) vary $. ((or whatever))

Only members can purchase tickets; non-members are welcome to purchase tickets through a member.
If the donated items are expensive and really nice.. then you could up the meal ticket price...
There could be lots of variations..

((Did I make up for my stump whining ? ???)

Sherri

Well, since I am the quiet innocent one in the family I would like to gently put my two cents in.  I was a West Elk student and we did a lot of things and my daughter was a West Elk Student and I was very involved in the sports end and cheerleading end of the school.  It has changed a lot from me going and her going because of the limitations.  One of the reasons for the limitations is really not the kids but the parents (I also coached softball in summer for years).( Now that is another story but obviously I loved it...I did it a long time)  Some parents are not real supportive of anything and it only takes a few to spoil everything for everybody....now with that off my chest I will be positvie. 

One thing we did when I was in school was sell fireworks....it was huge.......we made lots of money and it was only hard work for about 5 days.  We also had rewards such as bonfires the night before a big game (parents, teachers were involved and were so much fun).  We also had bake sales, car washes on weekends....that was always fun....another thing we did was have slave day.....you bought a student for a day and they worked hard at chores you needed done...that was fun too....it was hard work but most of the time not to hard.  We had the car bashing...wow...now the guys really got into that.....at the fair we would have dunking booths, and other booths...the dunking booths were a lot of fun because we always got the teachers involved and they were great sports about it.  Another thing I really remember is we sold chances on teachers....we had jars set around town with teachers pictures on them....people put money in the jars...the teacher with the most money, had to at the half time of a game stand and let a lucky person throw and cream pie at them....hahaha...(this was a huge money maker too)..then there were other things we did to the other big money jars (imagination comes into play on this.  You could do lots of different things...wouldn't have to be a cream pie.) 

Now I don't know if you can do all that stuff but it was fun and got so many people involved (and with things like this going on more people participated in the events just to see what was going to happen.)....of course I know that was a long time ago but the memories for me are great....

Thanks for letting me ramble.
SMILE AND EVERYONE SMILES WITH YOU!!!!

Jo McDonald

No Tress.   Genes---as in Genetic !!!  Please don't  put my Grandson in a skirt  !!!  Let him keep wearing his  "Yeans"   lol lol lol
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Janet Harrington

Now that I think about it, you are right.  Keep Snakehater in his "yeans".  I don't want to see him in a skirt.   :o :o :o :P

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk