Why Are You a Republican/Democrat?

Started by Wilma, July 31, 2008, 04:04:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pam

I took your quiz Warph.........let's just say I think BOTH parties suck :P lol . I registered Democrat when I got old enough to vote because of learning about FDR and JFK. Truthfully I have no use for politicians period, I am of the group that is very tired of the vote for me cause I suck less than the other guy timbre of every campaign in the past years. I haven't seen a candidate I could get excited about in friggin years! There isn't any honor in our politicians anymore, no higher purpose, they all just want the power and the money for a long as they can hang on to it. Why should I vote for you just because you SAY the other guy is a schmuck? What are YOU gonna do different? For that matter what CAN you do different? It's like goin to a turkey shoot and endin up with a buzzard.
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

Jo McDonald

I Did indeed verify this with snopes. I certainly pray that people wake up before it is too late!
Subject: Verified By Snopes.com

I thought this might be a hoax; actually hoped it was, but snopes.com verifies the following info.

Obama The Patriot - Removes American Flag From His Plane

The Patriot Room
Posted on Tuesday, July 22, 2008 8:11:07 AM by Bill Dupray

Barack Obama recently finished a $500,000 total overhaul of his 757. And as part of the new design, he decided to remove the American flag from the tail...

What American running for President of the United States would remove the symbol of his country? And worse, he replaced the flag  with a symbol of himself... Obama is such a despicable human being.

This is  our country and our flag & I think this is a disgrace.

.  If Obama is elected president of the United States we are in trouble.  If you think the Liberals can lead our country just look what Pelosi and Reid have accomplished for us.

IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

frawin

Good Morning Jo and Fred, I saw the news article on this and frankly I wasn't surprised . This is the same man that did not honor the flag during the National Anthem. I see nothing but bad for the future of America coming from this man. When I look at his background his mentors, his Minister and the actions and words by his wife, I am truly scared of the future when someone like him ends up as a candidate for the office of President of the United States. HAVE A GREAT DAY
P.S. I sure wish we could get Colin Powell to run as a Write-in.
Frank

Jo McDonald

ME 2 !!  Like you and I said before, Frank, the great team of Colin Powell and Lou Dobbs as VP  would be good for this county.
Jo
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

flo

Quote from: Wilma on July 31, 2008, 04:04:31 PM

He won the second world war.  

If IKE won the war, then what were all those thousands and thousands of US SERVICEMEN doing over there? Just admiring the scenery?  Sorry, I don't agree with you.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Wilma

I was there, Flo.  Where were you? 

Yes, I know, Flo, that Ike didn't win the war singlehanded.  I had cousins and uncles in the service.  Fortunately, all of mine came home.   My father was too old, my brothers too young.  Your father was just the right age and you were actually more involved than I was although too young to remember any of it.  Ours was the age of patriotism.  The U. S. was at war so all citizens were involved.  Today, the war hardly touches anyone not directly involved.  Patriotism is just something that is talked about.  You and I know what it really is.

frawin

Jo, that very ticket and the fact that so many people have expressed their wishes that Colin Powell were running for President certainly nullifies Obama's complaint or comments that McCain and the Republicans are trying to use race against him. It is not race at all, every person, Democrat or Republican that I have talked to has said they would vote for Colin Powell (Period). Obama is not a Colin Powell, and race has nothing to do with it. There should be some way the Republicans could use that, I think I will call Republican Headquarters and talk to someone I know of there. It could have some value.

Catwoman

Acccchhhhhh....accccccchhhhhhhhh...damn hairballs...Me?????  For McCAIN???????  The man who left his sick wife to screw around with a trophy wife??????  HHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

flo

cough, dang it, cough - spit it out

now, you were saying, rather thinking . . .  ::)
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Catwoman

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....Warph removed his post....could a sudden attack of political correctness have overtaken our dear pugnacious Warph????  Hark!...Do I hear the sounds of a hasty retreat????;) ;) ;) ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk