Not Here's and Left Here's: What would make you move to Elk County?

Started by Tobina+1, July 30, 2008, 02:06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tobina+1

This is directed to those people who don't live in Elk County (Not Here's), and to those who used to live in Elk County but don't anymore (Left Here's).
What would make you move back to Elk County?

Tell us what it would take to get you to pick up and move to Elk County.  Available houses that don't need fixed up?  30K job?  40K job?  50K job?  Free land?  Batson's Super Center?  Lower taxes?  Large firehouse with child teaching center (Diane)? 
Anything goes.  We want/need to know what it is that will attract people BACK to Elk County, as well as what it will take to attract people TO Elk County for the first time!
We're listening...

Flintauqua

An economy that's not based nearly exclusively on extraction of natural resources.  There are very few things "made" in Elk County. 

We quarry rock.  Do we make concrete pavers or retaining wall block?

We extract natural gas.  Do we use it to fabricate metal?

We extract oil.  Do we turn it into plastics?

We raise corn.  Do we turn it into soda pop?

We raise livestock.  Do we make leather or cheese in the county?

We are about to "farm the wind."  Will Elk County use the electricity to make anything?

Catwoman

Flintauqua

As soon as the Fort Smith, Howard and Northwestern Railroad gets built. :D

pepelect

Hey the road got better since you left.  Super two and the shoulders don't have that precarious view.  Maybe you should stay down there.  I think it is not just timing.

Flintauqua

Watch it Patrick, or I'll tell all the Wallyworld tree huggers down here to take all your wind and power up a supercenter in Severy! >:( :( >:(

Catwoman

It would appear that there's more than enough wind to go around at the moment! ::) ::)

Flintauqua

We seem to have strayed from Tobina's original topic.  It is an important topic, because I never thought I'd leave Elk County, but I did.  And I would like to come back, but there really is nothing for I and Angie to make a living at without driving 45 miles (or more) one way.

pepelect

Upchuck: Go ahead it wouldn't be the first mega structure building in Severy.  They need all the outside influence they can get.  Could you get a nice Chinese restaurant with buffet out by the entrance.  They better build their own lake for a water source.  We might get a dry spell.  

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk