A Word From A Marine

Started by Jo McDonald, July 28, 2008, 11:51:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jo McDonald

Subject: Fw: A word from a MARINE who just saw Barack Obama in the Middle East 7/24/2008

JUST SHARING AN EMAIL RECEIVED July 24, 2008...
This comment from a US Marine, does not go along with what we saw on national liberal TV... S.

Received this from someone who was in  Afghanistan when Obama blew in.

Hi all   FYI--for what freedom is  worth.

Tiffany and Jeff Porter are our friends who  live in  Virginia .

(Below is from  Tiffany)

I don't know each of your personal political  convictions, and apologize if
anyone finds this offensive.  I  thought it was important enough to share.
This is Jeff's  first hand view of Senator Obama.

Tiffany

---------- Forwarded Message  ----------
Hello everyone,
As you know I am not a very  political person. I just wanted to pass along
that Senator Obama  came to Bagram  Afghanistan for about an hour on his
visit to
'The  War Zone'. I wanted to share with you what happened.
He got off the plane and got  into a bullet proof vehicle, got to the area
to
meet with the  Major General (2 Star) who is the commander here at Bagram.

As the Soldiers where lined  up to shake his hand he blew them off and
didn't
say a word as he  went into the conference room to meet the General. As he
finished,  the vehicles took him to the ClamShell (pretty much a big top
tent
that military personnel can play basketball or work out in with  weights)
so he
could take his publicity pictures playing  basketball. He again shunned the
opportunity to talk to Soldiers  to thank them for their service.

So really he was just here to make a showing for  the American's back home
that he is their candidate for President.  I think that if you are going to
make
an effort to come all the  way over here you would thank those that are
providing the freedom  that they are providing for you.

I swear we got more thanks from the NBA  Basketball Players or the Dallas
Cowboy Cheer leaders than from  one of the Senators, who wants to be the
President of the  United  States . I just don't understand how anyone would
want him to
be  our Commander-and-Chief. It was almost that he was scared to be  around
those that provide the freedom for him and our great  country.

If this is blunt and to the point I am sorry but I wanted you all  to know
what kind of caliber of person he really is. What you see  in the news is
all fake.

In service,
CPT Jeffrey S. Porter
Battle  Captain
TF Wasatch
American Soldier
Don Herpen
American by birth
   MARINE
by the grace of God
Semper Fi

IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

sixdogsmom

Sorry Jo, both Snopes and Fact Check debunk this story. Check it out!  ;) ;)
Edie

Jody

you had better read snopes again!

frawin

Here are 2 posts on Hoosier Access on this subject:
July 27th, 2008 by Michael JezierskiA Soldier's Letter Home - UPDATED
I received an email from a friend, who has an acquaintance serving in Afghanistan at present. This soldier is giving his first hand account of Senator Barack Hussein Obama's visit to Afghanistan.

UPDATE 7/27/08: That BHO is one sneaky one. He gets Snopes to claim this email is a hoax. However the Army Times caught up with the writer of the original email and he has "no comment" and asked for its removal.

My guess is the B. Hussein Obama damage control team got to this soldier and put the screws to him. "Claim you made this up or once we're in office we'll court martial you and send you up for life in Leavenworth". The soldier should be lucky even though he was stupid enough to put his name on the original email [which I redacted], he could have easily wound up MIA in Afghanistan courtesy of the Obama hit team. You think I'm joking? These folks learned politics from the Chicago crowd. Ever wondered why Chicago expressways need repair so often? They gotta bury the bodies somewhere.

Posted in National Politics, barack obama |
This entry was posted on Sunday, July 27th, 2008 at 7:40 pm and is filed under National Politics, barack obama. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.
One Response to "A Soldier's Letter Home - UPDATED"
mikeyc252 Says:
July 27th, 2008 at 1:29 pm
http://www.armytimes.com/news/2008/07/Military_blog.Obama_072508w/

"Army Times sent an e-mail to Porter, a Utah Army National Guard member assigned to the 142nd Military Intelligence Battalion, asking if he could verify that he wrote the controversial e-mail and requesting an interview.

Porter's reply declined the interview request, but said:

"I am writing this to ask that you delete my e-mail and not forward it, after checking my sources some of the information that was put out in my e-mail was wrong. This e-mail was meant only for my family. Please respect my wishes and delete the e-mail and if there are any blogs you have my e-mail portrayed on I would ask if you would take it down too."

Will you delete your post?

blog advertising is good for you

sixdogsmom

My suggestion would be to read the snopes response to this if there is any doubt.
Edie

srkruzich

Quite frankly, these men had no reason to spread a lie.  I don't believe snopes or any of those sites are that reliable anyway. who says their always right?   I do however know how military does clamp down on information and when you have these guys saying no comment, or not at liberty to discuss, then their being threatened. 

I am more apt to believe that the senator used his powers of office to have this guy shutdown and reprimanded for exercising free speech.  Hmmmmm sounds like things to come soon if he's elected doesn't it.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Jo McDonald

For the life of me, I can't understand how you and all of the many others can believe this Flim-Flam that he is spewing out of his mouth.  Do you really, really think he will be the answer to our prayers???? Get a grip... he just goes off in all directions, every thing that anyone else says that is not what he says is off the wall.  For heavens sake, he has a record of voting in the U.S. Senate that off sets all this that he is saying while trying to make everyone think he is THE ANSWER!!!  Be aware!!!  VERY AWARE !!!

sixdogsmom

Okay, if you cannot stand to read the truth don't go to Snopes and don't go to Factcheck. No matter to me, just thought you'd like to know.
Edie

srkruzich

Quote from: sixdogsmom on July 28, 2008, 06:48:17 PM
Okay, if you cannot stand to read the truth don't go to Snopes and don't go to Factcheck. No matter to me, just thought you'd like to know.

Snopes and factcheck aren't immune to being manipulated, coerced, or forced to print a lie.  IF you believe everything they say, i have some nice oceanfront property about a mile south of me you know ;)

As for beliieving snopes or our servicemen, i'll believe our servicemen.  As for beliving obama, theres not a snowballs chance in hell i would believe him. Heck he isn't even a good senator, hasn't even shown up for work most of the time,  how can he lead a nation. 

Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Jo McDonald

AMEN  AMEN AND AMEN !!!  The Service men have the vote as far as I'm concerned.  Walk the mile in their shoes --- then check back in here.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk